PDA

View Full Version : piston compression

manuzl_
01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
i have a ds450 mx with sparks full exhaust and air filter, pro tec lid, power commander V with auto tune , web cams, piston JE 12.5-1

this will work better with a 13.0-1?

blaster99
01-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Work better as in what? It will be faster with more compression, but if you increase by that much chances are you wont notice the difference. The reliability could suffer a bit, but like I said before, it's such a small jump you will barely notice an change in anything.

450Rida
01-28-2011, 10:42 PM
you wont notice any difference at all with that small increase, not worth the money IMO if u want to make more power get it ported and put bigger valves in

motox_rider695
01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
if your wanting more power go with a cp 13.6:1 race piston, it cost a bit more but will make a noticeable difference

blaster99
01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
If you are going to do valves, go with the valves BCS offers. The stock Ds valves are big enough!!

craigmacphee
01-30-2011, 06:55 AM
If you want max horsepower with RELIABILITY, call Rossier Engineering, you will be speaking with the owner when you call, and tell him what you are looking for. They have 2 pistons that I know of that are specifically built for them that will give you that massive bottom and mid end grunt you are looking for without grenading your motor. Tell him you saw this here and I sent you and he will take care of you.

By the way. I am not sponsored by him in any way. I'm just anold guy that like to go fast! I have paid for all work he has performed for me. ...and the bill continues! LOL