PDA

View Full Version : need help asap

adamped415
01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok i have an er, i removed the old control boxand splice my kill tether to the old kill switch button, i took from tether red to green and black from tether to black with white tracer, so whats wrong in tht combo cause it turns over but wont start

Edit: I puled everthing apart and re did it and tryed black from tether to frame as ground, and green and black from old wire to red from tether, still it doesent start but it turns over,i have spark, batterys not dead cause i hear the starter clutch spinning and i know my starter clutch isnt bad its brand new

DnB_racing
01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
the teather switch uses the green and the black/white stripe and the start uses the yellow/red stripe and the black

adamped415
01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Ok so i have my tether wired ground to frame red.tocoil and two old contoll box wires spliced together, i have a gunar so i dont know it it open or closed connection

It has spark
Gas
Batterys good

But it just backfires when givin throte and wants to turn over

DnB_racing
01-27-2011, 03:58 PM
gunnar are normally closed so if your wireing like a regular teather it wont run,,

you should get a normally open so when its pulled it closes and goes to ground

adamped415
01-27-2011, 04:09 PM
ok so get a pro armor, do i need the install kit? then to wire it tell me if im right

Since im not running the orginally box i do this:

Combine the green and black and wire from old controll box together

Ground the pro armor, splice it to pin on coil..

So that will work as my full kill switch then?

DnB_racing
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by adamped415
ok so get a pro armor, do i need the install kit? then to wire it tell me if im right

Since im not running the orginally box i do this:

Combine the green and black and wire from old controll box together

Ground the pro armor, splice it to pin on coil..

So that will work as my full kill switch then? you can get the install kit, I personally like to solder and heat shrink, but that's up to you! when you say control box are you talking about the handle bar switch or the cdi??

adamped415
01-27-2011, 04:20 PM
handle bar switch

DnB_racing
01-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I just checked and my previous post was wrong!! dont use the green for the start,, use the black and the yellow/red strip
the yellow with green stripe jumps to green this eliminates the clutch switch, and for the stop use the black/white stripe and green

adamped415
01-27-2011, 04:37 PM
so for the stop do i still splice green/black with white together then tether to coil pin?

DnB_racing
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
so for the stop do i still splice green/black with white together then tether to coil pin? no!!dont splice the green to the blk/wht put the switch in between these two wires,

one side of kill to green wire and the othersideof the kill switch to the black white stripe wire

adamped415
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
o is green from handlebar box positive or ground?

DnB_racing
01-27-2011, 04:59 PM
ground !! here is a updated pic of the schematic look at the start stop , i was wrong you need 4 wires not 3,,

black wire and yellow/red stripe for start

black/white stripe and green for stop

adamped415
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Finally got my pro armor tether today, connected one black from tether to white black, and one lack to green but still the starter clutch spins but wint fire up

DnB_racing
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
are you still getting spark??? if so try removing air cleaner and spraying some starting fluid into the intake, this will tell you if its a fuel or carb issue or something else.

adamped415
02-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Tryed that, still nothing, but just to make sure i dont ground the tether to the frame right? Due to the way im using it

MossboysRacing
02-03-2011, 07:39 PM
you know you could just run the wire from the base of the pro armor tether switch to a frame ground, and then run the tether end plunger (the moving part) to the positive side of the coil. strip back the wire about 1/2 inch, unplug the positve side of coil and wrap the wire around the coil and then plug the positive wire back on the coil. works like a charm and no cutting of the factory harness. been running mine and my brothers that way for 6 plus years now with no problems.

Baileygunns
02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
My guess is your ignition is wired wrong. Solve one problem at a time, pull your tether out all together and get it running then worry about the tether... Wire the tether simple.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/Baileygunns/Killswitch-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/Baileygunns/bike001.jpg

DnB_racing
02-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
My guess is your ignition is wired wrong. Solve one problem at a time, pull your tether out all together and get it running then worry about the tether... Wire the tether simple.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/Baileygunns/Killswitch-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/Baileygunns/bike001.jpg yes with this are you just disconnecting the stop/light switch

with this method you can run both the teather and handle bar swich, but if only running teather are you just eliminating the stock one

DnB_racing
02-04-2011, 04:58 AM
adamped one other thing to make sure of is.............................. the yellow/green stripe wire, make sure thats going to ground..

its the ground wire from the solenoid, that goes thru the old clutch switch, this wire must make a ground!!! just give it a quick check

adamped415
02-04-2011, 05:09 AM
So what do i do with the old kill button wires then?

DnB_racing
02-04-2011, 07:11 AM
So what do i do with the old kill button wires then? just make sure the ends are isolated,,keep any of the black/white stripes together.... and the greens together.... and tape or heat shrink the ends

adamped415
02-04-2011, 07:24 AM
ok so thether to frame and coil, old kill wires to nothing? just taped off

DnB_racing
02-04-2011, 07:34 AM
ok so thether to frame and coil, old kill wires to nothing? just taped off yes but as Bailey suggested dont worry about the kill switch yet!! try to get it running first,you dont need the kill switch to run only stop.....

adamped415
02-04-2011, 08:16 AM
ok im gonna post some pics later tonight and you let me know if i have anything wired wrong

DnB_racing
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
is there any place near by you that you can have a leakdown test done to make sure all is tight???

Baileygunns
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM
I have no switches on my bars... I just unplugged them and tapped off the connectors to keep crud out of them. I still have a key and use the key or the tether to shut the bike off.

You can keep the switches if you want or take them off. You can keep the key or "hot wire" it... IMO the weight savings of eliminating the key isn't worth the wiring head ache it usually causes.

No cut wires at all, Simple.