PDA

View Full Version : white brothers exhaust

hondarider13
01-26-2011, 11:10 AM
i really want a white brothers exhaust i have a big gun evo r pipe now i would trade it straight up for a white brothers or if anyone has one for sale id buy it

riotact
01-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I wish you the best of luck.I've been trying to find one for the past year.Every time one would be on Ebay,I would either get outbid or didn't have the cash.I guess that's how it goes though. :cool:

trailrider894
01-26-2011, 12:24 PM
You talking about an E-Series? how much would you pay?

hondarider13
01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
ummm not really an e series not a big fan on that one im not 2 sure what pipes white brothers did make for the 400

TCracin440ex
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
white bros is no longer in business, they got bought out a few years back by vance & hines and they only make street bike exhausts now. so if u want a brand new whitebros exhaust good luck finding one. u can find e series everywhere but they are junk the welds cracked on them and they are not worth it imo. the only white brothers i liked was the carbon fiber series. i had one on my 450r and i loved it. the aluminum pro might be some good but idk.

id just go with an HMF.

here is an old pic of my 450r with the carbon pro 2

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/450r216004-1.jpg

hondarider13
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
yeah i knew they got bought out i was looking for a used one thats in good shape that just might need packed again

TCracin440ex
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
better off going with HMF. the welds on the e series were pure junk. i had an e series on my old 400ex and the welds broke all 2 shyt.

hondarider13
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
yeah i have a big gun evo r on it now but i was really wanting a white brothers ive always like them but i was thinking about getting the new hmf competition series pipe

NMills
01-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I found mine on Ebay... cost me about 100 bucks shipped.. i got a WB R4 slip on... has a crack on the end of it but not bad... sounds good... I'd just keep looking if its what you really want...

hondarider13
01-26-2011, 01:12 PM
what do u guys think aboout the dmc or motoworks exhaust im really wanting a white bros but like u said pain to find a good one so im looking at the hmf competition dmc or a motoworks exhaust and advice on which sounds good and which would help out the most

PaRedneckRiders
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a white bros r4 i might sell or trade.
Its not in the best shape, the endcap is bent in one spot and the can was bent from hitting the caliper when i bought the quad.
Ill pm you my number if you want to txt me

riotact
01-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
You talking about an E-Series? how much would you pay?

How much are you looking to get?

01-29-2011, 04:21 AM
everyone runs thou pipe these days why??????

why dont ppl buy a pipe that well make more power like curtis sparks.......i know i keep talking about sparks but why dont anyone run it on there 400ex..on this forum...cost to much or dont know about it......u can make fun of me all u want i dont care im just asking that all..............................................

hondarider13
01-29-2011, 06:31 AM
i just dont know a whole lot about sparks i thought about it but whats up with the real wide part of the pipe right before the muffler im not sure what thats for

trailrider894
01-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Because on the list of pipe's the WB makes the second to most HP under the Sparks. And honestly, the little HP difference between the pipes that is to be had, you will NEVER notice it. I run a FMF Powerbomb Header and a White Bros E-Series, and i can tell you that the e-series is better than any pipe i have ever riden with. Look into Motoworks, they make the best sounding pipes on the market!!

hondarider13
01-29-2011, 09:10 AM
yeah they do sound good but im lookin for something with a good power gain

Honda.rider5871
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
I know everyone will be jumping all over me for saying this but i have a full HMF on one of my bikes and it gives it so much more low to mid end power its unreal what just a pipe, uni filter and correct jets can do. The e series is ok but i personally dont like the looks or rattling sound you get from them.

01-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by hondarider13
i just dont know a whole lot about sparks i thought about it but whats up with the real wide part of the pipe right before the muffler im not sure what thats for

idk i think it funny looking but on the head pipe they are lil bit bigger where it bolt to the head thin a hmf and white brother so it can flow more......i do know that.....

01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
mind make power all the time.........but i was just asking that all thanks for not being rude with me.....

Hondamaster5505
01-29-2011, 12:29 PM
what do u guys think aboout the dmc or motoworks exhaust im really wanting a white bros but like u said pain to find a good one so im looking at the hmf competition dmc or a motoworks exhaust and advice on which sounds good and which would help out the most

DMC !!!

I run DMC on all my ATV's. Had one on my 400ex and now run one on my banshee.

I loved the DMC Alien exhaust I had on mine. I was amazed by how much it woke up my 400ex. It pulled so much stronger all the way across the board. And in an exhaust shootout, make only like .3 less horsepower then the Curtis Sparks.

Some say it sounds a little hollow, but when mine was freshly packed I thought it sounded nice.

Only problem is the Alien is hard to find these days.. but I wouldn't hesitate trying out their new exhaust.

CJM
01-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Want my duncan setup, same as the DMC. Pipes are fine, muffler was painted with some ugly red ceramic header paint and it needs packing as it has NONE lol. I love previous owners who are idiots..woulda been such a nice exhaust otherwise..

Hondamaster5505
01-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Want my duncan setup, same as the DMC. Pipes are fine, muffler was painted with some ugly red ceramic header paint and it needs packing as it has NONE lol. I love previous owners who are idiots..woulda been such a nice exhaust otherwise..

I would jump on this^

The dual barrel duncan and alien, like he said, are the same, and pretty hard to find these days.

CJM
01-29-2011, 01:01 PM
forgot to add I did have to also fill in some holes the guy made in the muffler (he screwed the holding bracket to the muffler) as well as a big dent with muffler putty. Pretty muchw hy I took it off and retired it, despite trying to fix it it didnt work very well

But, if you can get some kinda material to make redo the can its worth it.

hondarider13
01-29-2011, 01:02 PM
yeah now im kinda debating between the dmc competion pipe or the sparks i was looking at the hmf competion but not too sure now

01-29-2011, 01:10 PM
yeah now im kinda debating between the dmc competion pipe or the sparks i was looking at the hmf competion but not too sure now

i went with sparks bc i want to see how much power i can really make on a 400exbut everything cost some much to run it....that i have to buy one part at a time bc i dont feel like spenting so much at once......

CJM
01-29-2011, 01:22 PM
In reality what makes your exhaust work is flow, it needs to have good flow and not too restrictive. More bends and such it makes worse it is.

What I can say is the stock header is actually pretty good, no worse or better than the higher end stuff. All the higher end stuff does is merge the pipes sooner.

Grinding the inside of the headers to make the diameter larger works and helps flow. Throw on a good slip on and if you make .5 to 1hp less than a full exhaust you just paid 500 plus bucks for I would be amazed. 1 hp isnt all that much in the end at all.

Heres the original shootout, http://www.260111.s5.com/testtrx400escapes.htm I still say its a bit biased and its so old there are better slip ons out there.

Laugh if you want, but Im quite happy with my Lexx, just gotta fix the way it mounts to the stock header and it will be well worth the money.

trailrider894
01-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 82corolla
mind make power all the time.........but i was just asking that all thanks for not being rude with me.....

Can someone please translate for this guy??? I can't even read any of his posts........... :huh

bkelley
01-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Don't know why everyone hates on the E-Series, I love mine. Never had any issues with cracked welds and I like to think my EX sounds really good. I always get complements on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbWYfSfrhMg

01-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Can someone please translate for this guy??? I can't even read any of his posts........... :huh

**Member removed**