PDA

View Full Version : For everyone interested in getting 2 strokes back to the USA!

Dustin_Drews
01-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I have been talking to GasGas of Spain they are the only company that produces a 2 cycle quad about getting them to rethink releasing them to the states.
GasGas is going to be the next KTM of the USA... It is in the works!
As of now I have found they make 60 to 100 of these quads a year but only for forigen markets.
The only way we will get them is to make our voice heard!
I have told them if they could produce a quad, 300cc 2 stroke, 6 speed, has reverse, powervalve and has a rekluse availble they would sell a lot of them!
I am going to try to add a pole to this thread say yes 2 stroke or 4 stroke
Give me your imput! It is being sent to the person incharge of getting quads to the the USA!
The cost of the 4 strokes is killing the average racer and fuel injection is only adding to the problem!
Let your VOICE be HEARD!
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

troybilt
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Dustin, you know how I voted!! :D

Dustin_Drews
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Give them the reasons on this post why you want them over the quads 4 strokes avalible today!
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

atvmxr
01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
2 strokes are more fun and thats why we ride - to have fun!

Dustin_Drews
01-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Sent to me From Neil
Just so who ever it is you talk to at Gas Gas will know, we have classes offered now in AMA/ATVA Extreme Dirt Track (TT) where the Gas Gas quad can be raced in.

Pro Lite,
306cc max 2 stroke, 450cc max 4 stroke.

Class change on the table for 2011 season.
265/450 A, B or C possible changed to,

Unlimited A, 201cc to open, 2 or 4 stroke
Unlimited B, 201cc to open, 2 or 4 stroke
Unlimited C, 201cc to open, 2 or 4 stroke

Hope this helps when you contact.
Neil

AMA/ATVA Extreme Dirt Track board member

Fantus
01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Would love a 2 stroke that could whip a banshee and has reverse! But I doubt anyone is ever going to build a faster bike than the banshee.

troybilt
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Fantus
Would love a 2 stroke that could whip a banshee and has reverse! But I doubt anyone is ever going to build a faster bike than the banshee.

I don't think anyone is talking about a drag bike here. Take a banshee out on the MX or XC track and see what you get... there's more to life than being faster in a straight line.

troybilt
01-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Here:

http://www.atvriders.com/atvreviews/gas-gas-2009-wild-hp-450-gabriel-racing-atv-review.html

http://www.gasgas-moto-enduro-trial.com/quad-gas-wild-2t-2,5,0,1,52,1.htm

bloodswet&gears
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
We love the feel of intstant acceleration at the twitch of the throttle. Nothing sluggish or lazy about a 2 stroke.

The one example i can think of to show how interest in 2 stroke quads like trx250r is growing is this. A couple years ago if you went to ebay and typed in a search for trx 250r you would get around 1000 results. Today it is over 5700 results.

RATPACK Z400
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
You would need to get that passed the dem,s in California first ! they seem to be the one,s making the clean air BS rules for the entire country !

Dustin_Drews
01-27-2011, 06:40 AM
I am not going to let California ruin it for the rest of us... As soon as they start getting there debt, drugs and illegal immigration proplems taken care of then I might have more interest in what they have to say!

Give them more reasons, does anyone have a cost comparison between 2 and 4 stroke for a given year? How about wieght? We need hard facts from people that can prove they really want the 2ts back!

God Bless,
Dustin Drews

HondaPohl
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I miss my Tecate 4

Fantus
01-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I don't think anyone is talking about a drag bike here. Take a banshee out on the MX or XC track and see what you get... there's more to life than being faster in a straight line.
not talking about drag races just want to be at the front of the pack when we go for rides. Mostly woods and gravel roads and my buddy is always out front on his banshee followed by my other buddy on his 700 raptor then the 450's. I am tryin to make my 450 fast enough to be in front of the raptor but know i will never touch the banshee.

TheLane
01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
if your talking trail riding you should destroy a banshee on your 450! your lighter, lower to the ground and with a lower center of gravity!

Dustin_Drews
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I emailed Ed Teixeira to see if he would be interested in building parts for this quad. He said he would be very interested! And would be willing to do it...
I do not know if you guys have used his stuff but it is all TOP NOTCH!
So now that we have a High quality aftermarket part designer on our side it should even make this quad more attractive to buyers if we get it to the states!
Thanks for your Time and Email Ed!

Thank everyone on the forum for your imput and interest!

If you have not voted... DO IT!

God Bless,
Dustin Drews

troybilt
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Ed makes some serious stuff!! that's awesome!!!

So when are the first 2011 300's going to be imported?? Hmmm....

quadrider2112
02-03-2011, 06:20 PM
fantus if you cant smoke a banshee everywhere but a drag on ur 450 maybe you should do like dirt bike mike says "modify the rider not the ride".

As far as 2 stroke market its out there. If honda brought a new modern 250r to the table. It wood sell like crazy. It wood be like a new camaro every teenager and every old man that had an old one would be beggin there mom or wife for one!

If you build it they will buy it.
$500 rebuild versus $1600 you do the math. Plus you get a hundred lbs diet. It really needs to keep the powervalve for sure.

Dustin_Drews
02-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Lets keep the votes and comments coming for another week!
I will put all my info in an email and send it to the importer!
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

Fantus
02-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
if your talking trail riding you should destroy a banshee on your 450! your lighter, lower to the ground and with a lower center of gravity!
Where we ride there are more striaghts than turns and alot of gravel roads even the trails in the woods you can run 2 or 3 miles of straight road. Most places yes I can tear him up but we go for long rides once a month or more and 50hp don't touch 100hp with long straight roads. Country boys you know!

quadrider2112
02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
100 hp wow what did he do swap a civic motor in it.

Dustin_Drews
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
On monday the email is being sent!
Let me know if you want me to add anything...
God Bless,
Dustin

woodsracer144
03-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I would looking in to geting one of them if they came to the states, from their site it would be about 9600... 09 450r's are about 7400 from what i found.. i dont think thats too bad for long shocks and all the goodies you get off the bat.

prettyboyrider
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Twirl strokes all day ain't nothing like that adrenaline rush that runs through your body when u tap the throttle holding on for dear life....Banshee rider

prettyboyrider
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Twirl strokes all day ain't nothing like that adrenaline rush that runs through your body when u tap the throttle holding on for dear life....Banshee rider

bloodswet&gears
03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Have you heard back from Gasgas yet? Last three post had me excited to log in and see what the word is on this venture.

What does twirl stroke all day mean anyway? I just googled it and came up with nothing. So i guess im too old to understand. :confused:

Dustin_Drews
03-24-2011, 05:55 AM
I sent them the info showing there is a need for this market and the responce was not what I was hopeing for...
Spain is going through a ressesion also so it looks like the quads are still on hold. I even talked to the stucky brothers and told them I would be the USA quad Distributor and they said they would help if Gasgas ever starts up the line!
But there is a Sliver lineing to this cloud!
I will be able to get The Quad engines... Yes you heard me CORRECT
I will be able to get us
A counterballanced, six speed, 300cc powervalved quad, engine that comes with reverse!
And it will be a 2 stroke!
Since I see a want for it I am going to be building complete kits to install them into various quads. We are going to start with the most common quad for all the aftermarket people which is the Honda 450r then work from there!
If you were going to pick 5 quads to build kits for what quads would you choose?
I am waiting on the first engine from spain to arrive!
If anyone has any info they want about this project let me know it is in the ground stages!
If you would like to get your kits priced and preordered contact me for info!

God Bless,
Dustin Drews
Dustin_Drews@yahoo.com