PDA

View Full Version : pep shock rebuilders, who do i go with

quadrider2112
01-26-2011, 09:43 AM
bought a set of pep shocks. They r pretty rough so im gonna have them rebuilt. Gotta quote from baldwin, and sf racing. They r about the same. Who wood ya go with?
Thanx for help

rpfeifer11
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
I would go with sf racing. I have sent all of my stuff to seth and everything has been great.

quadrider2112
01-26-2011, 08:16 PM
contacted seth today prolly gonna go that way. Seth seemed to be good guy and have heard alot good things bout him. He is cheaper to that dont hurt.

Lynch01ex
01-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Ya go with sf racing. Great turn around time and great guy to work with

BMS-001
01-27-2011, 10:13 AM
We here at Baldwin Motorsports are the only other company besides Performance Engineered Products that builds the PEP shocks and has help to develop what they are today. Why would you go to any other place? We have a full line of all PEP shock parts here in our facility. Also, we are at all the nationals with Wayne from PEP to help with any problems. No need for a middle man.

ds19
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
awesome people at baldwin they would definatly be my choice over sf.

TheLane
01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
because he can get the same quality service for less:rolleyes: : P

tommygunz15
01-28-2011, 07:38 PM
i cant say nothing bad about baldwin but i can say sf racing is the man.iv used him for the last 3 years and never had better shocks in my 10 years of racing.i used to drive to axis and set up my shocks with andy and sf is by faaaaaaaaar the best ive ever seen. seth even came out to breezwood proving ground and helped out all of my friend even guys with fox shock he is a cool guy.that was the first time i met him face to face.stand up man i have to say plus turn around time is quick.he aways has all the parts ive ever needed in stock.hope that helps u out i know when i talk to seth its all about me and my shocks not another sale like some other places i went to

mx Eli
01-28-2011, 08:58 PM
seth is by far the nicest guy for shock rebuilds. he knows his stuff too! before i took my shocks to him to get rebuilt i talk to him for an hour and a half about adjusting them so see if that would help. BEFORE I SPENT A PENNY this was.

and living close to him i can drive there and talk to him in person. even tho he has tons of stuff to get to he took his time to explain to me (not many shocks guys would talk to a 14 year old for an hour)

rpfeifer11
01-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by tommygunz15
i cant say nothing bad about baldwin but i can say sf racing is the man.iv used him for the last 3 years and never had better shocks in my 10 years of racing.i used to drive to axis and set up my shocks with andy and sf is by faaaaaaaaar the best ive ever seen. seth even came out to breezwood proving ground and helped out all of my friend even guys with fox shock he is a cool guy.that was the first time i met him face to face.stand up man i have to say plus turn around time is quick.he aways has all the parts ive ever needed in stock.hope that helps u out i know when i talk to seth its all about me and my shocks not another sale like some other places i went to

That is why I was the first to say sf. I made a few purchases with seth and he remembered me and everything I bought from him. He takes calls 7 days of the week no matter what time and will talk to you for as long as needed. If I get back into quads I will not hesitate to make my next one pb1 shocks from sf racing.

quadrider2112
01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Well shocks didnt come in but should be here monday. Im going to call baldwin and seth when they come in and prolly go with the cheapest to convert to big cans. I have heard nothing but good about both. My friend mitchell says i wood b crazy not to go with baldwin. But seth sounds like super dude and price was nice too so we will see.

quadrider2112
01-31-2011, 07:28 AM
My friend mitxhell has had a set of pep big cans that he had baldwin do. He has never adjusted them at all mark got them perfect for him and dude is fast.

but for me it will be based on the price i guess cause i think i can trust them both. Although seth talked to me via email on his black berry all day helpin me figure out these roached shocks and whar i wanna do with them. I guess im might be leaning toward SFracing.

Ex_Rider43
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I had SF to rebuild shocks for me twice and I really liked the way he does his business , i recommend SF racing.

anb9595
02-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Not trying to offend anyone but I really don't know how someone would say something bad about how Baldwin's services are coming out. I have never, in 12 years, had something come from Mark that wasn't right. If there's ever been an issue, he has fixed it.
I know money is tight for some people but when said it comes to price, I'd rather go for quality and experience. I don't know this SF, maybe he's King Wrench and a nice guy but I'm pretty sure Wayne at PEP and Baldwin have a leg up. It's like buying a KTM from a Yamaha dealership...
I have to laugh at some of you for putting Baldwin's down. That guy makes time for everyone no matter who you are, even at races when he's running around like a kid on Halloween, he'll stop and take a minute for you.

quadrider2112
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I got nothing against baldwin and have heard nothing but good about both them and sf.

Ex_Rider43
02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah I know Baldwin is top notch too , just go with whatever you want.

jacobw
02-02-2011, 05:30 AM
If you are not one of baldwins "pro riders" you may not get your shocks back for 6 months. This has not just happened on one occasion but several hundred occasions look all over the internet. Seth@sfracing is a pep dealer and service center and is the man you go to if you want your shock in a few week time. i personally would go with him if i was gettin any new peps or service soon

mxrcr103
02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I dont want to bash Baldwin but I have got to totally agree. I ordered a set of PEP shocks and was told 2 to 3 weeks wait. It took over 3 months. That has been a few years ago but here the same thing today. Now on the positive side they were some of the best shocks I have ever rode on. I was so discusted that I did not keep the shocks long though. I realize that Mark is only one man and has a lot on his plate but personally I would go with sf.

edwardsp&b
02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
I just sent one of our rears off last week and Mark received it Friday and told me I would have them back this week. I have never talked to him before and just told him we need a rush on it for Nat's. One week is pretty good turnaround to me (especially 3 weeks before the first Nat). I cant complain one bit. Im happy with the service, but as always to each their own.
Bryan

quadrider2112
02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
well i sentem to seth so we will see. As far as turn around i heard sf is faster but mark did one week turnaround on my friends rear pep not to long ago. I just got that feelin i need to go with seth i think hes gonna hook me up.

edwardsp&b
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Just an update.....I sent off our shock last friday to Mark @Baldwins, received it back rebuilt today. One week! Im sure Seth is a nice guy too, but one week works for me everytime. Thanks Baldwin.
Bryan

mxrcr103
02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
That is good to hear that mark has stepped it up with his turn around. No doubt that anything coming from baldwin is top notch. I personally would be hesitant if I was in a rush but hope to continue to hear about quick service.

sunco
03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Mine went to Baldwin - back in two weeks. I'm happy. We all have busy schedules. :rolleyes: Its to easy to complain - you do it on a regular basis.

Say something nice for 24 hours in a row. Yes please breathe :cool:

Kovatch
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll speak on behalf of a group of riders that do live near Baldwin. We are not Baldwin's pro riders or sponsored in any way by him or his company. I support my local shop (hence my signature).

We have had the upmost respect for the guy and what he can do with either shocks, motor, or whatever. When we race the Nationals, he has gone out of his way to ask other pro rider's teams for parts/tools to help us out when we were in a bind.

We have sent shocks over 6 pairs of shocks in and had them back in 2-3 weeks. Even during the height of racing/rebuilding times. Most people may not understand the volume of work that flows into his shop, which may cause a delay. That is to be expected. They know what they are doing with the products they provide. I feel if you had a rude experience with Mark, you may have taken his comments the wrong way. I've asked some pretty dumb questions, and never had a "foul" response.

I would say if you went with Baldwin or SF, your price will be very close to each other. I'd say go with Mark. He will always treat you right.

ProRider#1
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
They serviced and took great care of me, The turn around was less than a week, and cost less money than GT thunder.
They had all the seals,wipers available for PEP Axis ,Ohlins ect . I was very happy. Tell them Royce sent ya...