PDA

View Full Version : Clutch spring bolt torque spec?

trailrider894
01-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey guys, i am looking for the torque spec that holds the clutch spring in. Thanks.

hocman123
01-24-2011, 06:39 PM
if u are talking about the 5 bolts with the springs on them then there is no torque spec for it. u just need to snug the bolts up good and thats it. i even think that is the exact words the manual uses

edit: the words out of the manual are

Install the clutch springs and bolts.

Tighten the bolts in a crisscross pattern in several
steps.

and thats it. It has been talk about the forms before and u just need to make sure they are nice and snug and u will be set

trailrider894
01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by hocman123
if u are talking about the 5 bolts with the springs on them then there is no torque spec for it. u just need to snug the bolts up good and thats it. i even think that is the exact words the manual uses

It says to tighten in a criss cross pattern. But thank you.

NacsMXer
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Yep use a 1/4 drive ratchet to limit your torque. Tighten in a criss cross pattern until the bolts bottom out and then just a tiny bit more snug. The pressure from the spring will prevent the bolts from loosening up. You get into problems when you tighten them too much, because the heads of the bolts can snap off very easy.

CJM
01-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Cant add much more other than to hold the ratchet at the head of it and be GENTLE.