PDA

View Full Version : RAIN in Vegas!!!

L.Vegas400
02-13-2003, 02:56 PM
it rained for over 25 hrs strait, stopped for 5 hrs now its back at it again. just yesterday 6 or more ppl died on the street cause these ppl dont know how to drive when the streets get slick. to those of us who arnt from here it fun as all he!!.
gotta love rain:)

QuAdRaCeR244
02-13-2003, 02:58 PM
whoa that's sweet, sounds like a ton of fun. i love the rain!:D

Glow Plug
02-13-2003, 02:58 PM
yeah stupid people don't know how to slow down :rolleyes: how much rain you had ?

L.Vegas400
02-13-2003, 03:02 PM
dont know, but its been pretty steady the whole time. its not a heavy rain, more like a good sprinkle

Glow Plug
02-13-2003, 03:04 PM
ohh so it's not really heavy rain i c i c well go to england after a good rain (which is like 2 or 3 days stright) my grandma says the glass is like moss you just sink into it :eek:

L.Vegas400
02-13-2003, 07:12 PM
yeah it rains there all the time, but when your average persipitation for a year is around 2 inches, this is pretty impressive.

02-13-2003, 07:16 PM
its warm there too isnt it:cool: i wish i could see rain

02-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
ohh so it's not really heavy rain i c i c well go to england after a good rain (which is like 2 or 3 days stright) my grandma says the glass is like moss you just sink into it :eek:

Wow, thats nuts.. even las vegas for hours on ends but geez 2 or 3 days straihgt? Man must be like quicksand after its done.. flood

CHAUNCY
02-13-2003, 07:25 PM
its soo cool when it rains here. One time there was a mud slide that covered my driveway. That took away 3 days of school:devil And there is this wash that people try and cross and some people get stuck. Yesterday some guy in an old camaro got stuck and some guy in a truck got stuck. The truck had to get towed out. Dont know what happened to the camaro. Then one timet during el' nino there was a guy that tried crossing in an old truck and got stuck. Some people helped in out right before his truck washed away. He was ok but about 2 years later he tried to beat the train but lets just say he didnt win. I tihnk he dies instantly:( He was old and on medication. I tihnk thats why he tried an beat it. Sorry just babblin

Knight440
02-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Rain I wish it's like -4 now :rolleyes:

Juggalo
02-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
just yesterday 6 or more ppl died on the street cause these ppl dont know how to drive when the streets get slick.

better hope it doesn't start snowin there!!

400exInMI
02-13-2003, 08:54 PM
L.Vegas400 - I was in Las Vegas last week for the World of Concrete covention and spent the time on the strip, All i have to say is you live in the best place in the world, free beer, hot women, gambling is legal, great place, my thumbs up to your city....

DGR Designs
02-13-2003, 09:06 PM
FREE BEER.... you have to be ****ting me. Rico man wez packin up an headin for tha land of the free beer and women:eek:

DUNEZRUNNER
02-13-2003, 11:57 PM
I love it when the streets here in vegas get wet. They get so slick it is like driving on ice. I can be going 50 and floor it in my truck and it will spin the tires and make the truck start going side ways, it is a real rush. L.Vegas 400 where at in vegas do you live?

Thomas

L.Vegas400
02-14-2003, 03:02 AM
right at the base of sunrise mountain near the AF Base, at lake mead and hollywood. and you?

me and a couple buddies are gonna ride prolly sunday and monday at the apex on the north side of town if you want to join us.

L.Vegas400
02-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by 400exInMI
L.Vegas400 - I was in Las Vegas last week for the World of Concrete covention and spent the time on the strip, All i have to say is you live in the best place in the world, free beer, hot women, gambling is legal, great place, my thumbs up to your city....
that is a common miss conception, all of vegas is like the strip. in all actuality, the only other nice parts of vegas are in the gated communities, if your not there its pretty much trash. granted there are a few places that go along with what i have just said. ya know that little town that is under an hour from your home town that is full of trash, rundown houses, no grass in sight, all the trees are dead, and the kids that flunk out of school have to go there or get a GED.... thats the majority of vegas. there are lots and lots of businesses here, so if your not acustom to seeing all of the business buildings you dont see what i am talking about.

Free Beer you say?... you have to gamble a bit before they bring you free beer, so either way you pay for it. although there are the times like my 21 birthday, i played black jack for 7 hours without spending more that $20 and never made it above $40 in front of me.

damn i typed more than i thought i would.

Glow Plug
02-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Lathers
Wow, thats nuts.. even las vegas for hours on ends but geez 2 or 3 days straihgt? Man must be like quicksand after its done.. flood

yeah it is pretty crazy but they get so much rain they don't even have resavares oh yeah did i meation you can drive quads on the road there :D can't wait to go back next year :D

400exInMI
02-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Free Beer you say?... you have to gamble a bit before they bring you free beer, so either way you pay for it. although there are the times like my 21 birthday, i played black jack for 7 hours without spending more that $20 and never made it above $40 in front of me.

damn i typed more than i thought i would.

Thats why I play the nickel slots very slowly.....never spent over 30 and must have had enough to give all to vegas.....Ceasers Palace is where I stayed

L.Vegas400
02-14-2003, 09:38 PM
cearsers palace is quite nice. $$$

tants
02-14-2003, 09:41 PM
my last vacation to mexico it would just downpoor of rain for moments then stop... it did tis every once in a while, it was awesome i never saw rain come down so hard

400exInMI
02-14-2003, 09:47 PM
cearsers palace is quite nice. $$$
good thing the company picked up the tab.....