PDA

View Full Version : 155z pitster issues ?

250rrr
01-23-2011, 03:43 PM
anyone have issues with the kickers .....this is my second motor
that has busted the inner case onthe 155z...calling pitster tomorrow to see if they will stand behind it ....5 hours on it !!

Ride1Rob
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
These lil motors can't be kickstarted like their 450's. The cases aren't quite as thick and can't take the beating. The best way to kick is to cycle the engine and kick on the downstroke where there's less compression. Also, the abrupt kickback can cause this as well. We've only had this issue once (couple years ago)and that was when I used to kick the hell out of it.

250rrr
01-24-2011, 06:49 AM
do you know if they have a warranty ?? thanks,mike

if not i will be looking for something else ....hopefully with some more power

thanks!

Ride1Rob
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Call Gary at Pitster... his History with this issue says they'll fix it. Whether it'll be free or not is a different issue :ermm: . There are things that can be done to help curtail this from happening. Motor has to be setup for it though. Firepower can help with this but with that being said the ultimate fix is learn how to kick properly ;)

T@AFP
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
We had a 150 in my daughters Pitster for a minute. It was like trying to kick start a Harley in sandals. It broke the kick starter shaft off when trying to start it like you do a traditional Japanese engine.
Pitster stood up to the plate and fixed it.
Get in touch with Gary and I'm sure he'll fix it.

We are having the 125 built and putting a decompression cam in it to aid in the higher compression we're anticipating.
I to would suggest fire power.

250rrr
01-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Gary seemed like a nice guy -he will either fix it for 130$
or sell me a new one at cost .....

so the brand new-tanked motor that i have now will eventually cost me 650$

or buy a new one at cost .

what to do ??

i dont have any issues kicking them .....my pitster 125 is three years old and my pirahna is 2 years old .....no issues with them .....

we'll see what happenens...i have sent alot of business their way and say nothing but good things about them ....

91gtig60
01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
we ran the de comp system pitster sells, makes all the difference in the world!
Originally posted by 250rrr
Gary seemed like a nice guy -he will either fix it for 130$
or sell me a new one at cost .....

so the brand new-tanked motor that i have now will eventually cost me 650$

or buy a new one at cost .

what to do ??

i dont have any issues kicking them .....my pitster 125 is three years old and my pirahna is 2 years old .....no issues with them .....

we'll see what happenens...i have sent alot of business their way and say nothing but good things about them ....

250rrr
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
its getting a little pricey though ....i bought one for 500 ....had 10 hours on it and the kicker busted ....bought another one ...i have less than 5 hours on this one and that was 550 shipped ....not to mention another 130+ to fix it right now ....i did buy another one monday so my little guy can race this weekend
so that cost me another 500 .....i have about 2000 into these two 3 motors and they wouldnt stand behind it ....i will be putting it back together and probably not going back to pitster

zach R 7x
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Hate to see this, we had 3 or 4 weird things that went wrong on our 125 and they stood behind it all the way.

I understand were you are coming from though, been through this type of situation before with other companies. Good luck hope it works out for you.

Ride1Rob
01-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Mayb you need to look at another engine rather than the 155z. There are ALOT more options out there ;)

greenmachine70
01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
i have sent alot of business their way and say nothing but good things about them ....
I have been there as well with this statement(not with pitster). Didnt mean nothing in my case so I took my money elsewhere and in the end it paid dividends....good luck.

91gtig60
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
get one of these and all your problems are solved, plus its alot easier for a little guy to start. if you want ill sell you mine for cheap since we will be running a yz85 motor this year we dont need it.
Originally posted by greenmachine70
I have been there as well with this statement(not with pitster). Didnt mean nothing in my case so I took my money elsewhere and in the end it paid dividends....good luck. http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/tdub785/FRDUniversalDecomp4inwatermark.jpghttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/tdub785/FRDUniversalDecomp4inwatermark.jpg

250rrr
01-27-2011, 11:34 AM
thanks,mike

250rrr
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
for around the same money ?? i love the motor for the power and the setup .....

i paid for the 155 ho but they actually sent the 160 and they told me it had the better setup with the stronger case.... i never noticed ....

my little guy ice races....maybe 10 a year so i thought it was the way to go ....

i was actually going to become a dealer for them
as i have an auto dealership .....

91gtig60
01-27-2011, 04:59 PM
pmed
thanks,mike

250rrr
01-28-2011, 08:24 AM
after gary told me i should see it friday i check the tracking number that i had to call them for and found out it wont be here until monday ....so my little guy will miss yet another race !

i think i am done with pitster ....

Ride1Rob
01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Sucks you guys will miss the race. But not sure if it's fair to blame Pitster for the carriers handling/movement of the package on them. That is unless you paid $ to have it on Friday.

250rrr
01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
told me it would be here friday if i bought a new motor ....
so, i bought a new one rather than have mine fixed so that he would be able to race this weekend ....if i would have know it was not coming until monday i would have sent mine to them and got it fixed for the 130 $

i would have got it back end of next week and saved a few hundred bucks ....and he still would have missed this weeks race

i will not complain about it anymore ...just wanted to vent ...thanks,mike

greenmachine70
01-28-2011, 03:35 PM
so, i bought a new one rather than have mine fixed so that he would be able to race this weekend ....if i would have know it was not coming until monday i would have sent mine to them and got it fixed for the 130 $

i would have got it back end of next week and saved a few hundred bucks ....and he still would have missed this weeks race

that sucks.

Ride1Rob
01-28-2011, 04:51 PM

Yeah, that does suck. I'd be pissed too bud knowing that. I'd say they owe you BIG TIME! I'd definitely be making some phone calls.

250rrr
02-01-2011, 06:03 AM
go tthe motor 2 business days late ....they forgot part of the harness that they promised me (had another one luckily)
and got the motor in almost completely installed -went to bolt the flange to the intake and one os the holes seems stripped...i was to tired to mess with it but when i went to start the screw by hand i pulled the screw when i noticed it was not threading in -pulled it out and it appears that a piece came with it . looks like a piece of threading

838xcracer
02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Hate to hear that u are having so much trouble with the pitzer. hte to see the kids not being able to race because of a company's junk. My friend bought a brand new Pitzer from them and it was nothing but junk. It ouldn't even finish a race.

CRF420
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey what broke on the motors are they both the Z155 and would you want to sell any of them well let me know thanks

91gtig60
02-23-2011, 07:25 AM
i have 2 155's, let me know what you need?
Originally posted by CRF420
Hey what broke on the motors are they both the Z155 and would you want to sell any of them well let me know thanks

CRF420
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
whats wrong with both of them and would you want to sell one of them just let me know thanks!!!!