PDA

View Full Version : One of the best SX races in a long time!

jrspawn
01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Just watched the race from LA and have to say that was some of the best racing ive saw in a long time! Sucks my man Chad went down the first lap but to come back up to 7th in the main was good. RV road his butt off and got the win. RD is getting the fire lit in him it seems like. Stewart was hauling(esp in the whoops!) but was getting the squeeze put on him by a few guys and washed out. And canard is really laying it out also. Man, this is gonna be a good season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin

jcs003
01-23-2011, 11:00 AM
yes justin. it was an exciting race. ryan vilopoto was very consistent. he was looking like RC out there. dare i say.

jrspawn
01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
yes justin. it was an exciting race. ryan vilopoto was very consistent. he was looking like RC out there. dare i say.

Yup, i agree with you on that one. Ive never been a huge RV fan, but ive never disliked him either as a rider. Without a doubt the guy has what it takes! And with Aldon behind him now, his training program couldnt get any better.

KingpinsEx
01-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Amazing Race! Yea it is hard to pick a favorite this season, so many talented riders. I am still pulling for RD, but I am most impressed with Canard so far. That guy has a ton of potential, def. not afraid to mix it up with the big dogs!

Langbolt
01-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah! This years season is off to a great start!

It's very close competition which makes it exciting to watch.

I hate it when it's a one man race and no bar banging excitement.

I think Stewart has his work cut out for him as Dungey & Vilapoto aren't backing down at all!!

Reed doesn't seem to be on his game this year ? He used to be sooo fast....must be gettin' old or not training as hard.

I hope it goes down to the last race to determine the champ!

:devil:

ROLLIN
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
ya, you'd have to say the new bike/team that reed is running needs some work, he hasn't gotten a good start and the front is just to tallented to catch. I was surprised to see rv2 run down stewart and pass him! He's done it before but it seems harder after an injury. And js7 is riding smart and clean... not jamming guys in the corners. Good season fo-sho

rollie
01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
i loved watching that race it was crazy! i like RV2, not my favorite rider because off the track he lacks personality, im actually starting to like reed too, stewarts fast but he still makes alot of mistakes!! im personally a K-dub and nick wey fan, i'm hoping wey can break into the top 10 at one of these races thatd be awesome to see!!:cool:

skyeryder
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Great race hope they all can stay healthy!!!! It's RV2's year I hope!!!

jesseweaver
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Yea that was such a good race im so pumped for the rest of the season. I really wish that could have gone 5 laps longer, stewart and RV would have battled the whole way. those top 4 guys are going to be battling all year. i really hope no one gets hurt. and id really like to see canard get a win. his speed and fitness seems to be there. and stewart is riding a lot smarter. i expected him to really start pushing and riding out of control after he washed the front but he rode smart and just stepped it up a little and caught RV but it was just a lap or 2 too late. RV knew he was coming too, did anyone else notice how hard he was going those last 3 laps? dungy seems fast too i dont know why he hasnt won any yet. theres going to be some good battles fur sure. and when stewart was out front by a second or 2, did anyone else notice how fast dungy and RV caught him when they started battling for 2nd? and i was surprised canard didnt fall off too much then.

sangheraent
01-24-2011, 12:58 AM
I was hugely impressed with villapotto coming form nowhere then passing dungy and stewart. Im not a hardcore fan but I don't remember anyone catching up and passing bubba like that since carmicheal.

My prediction is going to be bubba vs villipoto the whole season.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks like a lot of guys did their homework in the off season!!

SRH
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
whatever happened to jason lawrence?

ballzdeep38
01-24-2011, 03:50 PM
i missed both showings of the race on sunday. i have heard great things about the racing that went on and i want to know how i can see it now. is it viewable on the CBS website? is it available online?

KingpinsEx
01-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Stewart is just so fast in the whoops, you could see him real in whoever was in front of him every lap. RV is close to Stewart speed in the whoops, but he def. has it dialed in. Top four are so close on the rest of the track.

jesseweaver
01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
im predicting a battle between JS and RV all year for first and second and not too far behind a battle all year betweed RD and Canard for 3rd and 4th

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-25-2011, 03:54 AM
After watching it I had to go buy tickets for when they come through S.L.C. haven't been the last couple years but decided I'll have to this year. RV was consistent the whole race, glad to see him up front. I didn't think Stewart would get passed Dungey for 2nd place, but he pulled it out. Stewart is easily the fastest through the whoops I've noticed.

quad2xtreme
01-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
i missed both showings of the race on sunday. i have heard great things about the racing that went on and i want to know how i can see it now. is it viewable on the CBS website? is it available online?

Versus ran the 250 class Sunday at 6pm. The 450 class hasn't been shown yet...but it is like 3 am when it does come on.

TNRHINO
01-25-2011, 06:24 AM
It was on CBS @ 11:00 Sunday morning CST time. Same thing for this coming week also for the 450 and 250 class. 450 on CBS 11 CST Sunday and 5 CST on Speed for 250 class.

300ex_#387
01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by SRH
whatever happened to jason lawrence?

There is a rumor on Vital that he will be back racing supercross at Indy. He would be riding for Suzuki City on a 450. Same team as malcom stewart. Just a rumor though who knows if its true. It said hes been training hard in the gym and should be ready by Indy.

01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
You cant deny that canard is stepping it up quick. My favorites are villopoto and canard. Id love to see canard win, he deserves it. Am i the only one thats been noticing his little goon riding bits during the races and at the finish line? haha i noticed two times last race and 1 time at anaheim.

SRH
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
There is a rumor on Vital that he will be back racing supercross at Indy. He would be riding for Suzuki City on a 450. Same team as malcom stewart. Just a rumor though who knows if its true. It said hes been training hard in the gym and should be ready by Indy.

thatd be good to see, hes a punk but tons of talent

300ex_#387
01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SRH
thatd be good to see, hes a punk but tons of talent

I agree. To me sometimes the drama makes me want to watch it even more. He may have not done the right things but he always kept me watching.

jesseweaver
01-26-2011, 07:32 AM
i think 2 years ago jlaw could have hung but not anymore. how did he do in the last few races he entered. i dont see him ever finishing inside the top 10

im really surprised with justin brayton and kevin windham this year too. and metcalf looked decent when he got the holeshot but you could tell he was pushing to hard to stay up front, i had a good feeling he was going down.

quad2xtreme
01-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i think 2 years ago jlaw could have hung but not anymore. how did he do in the last few races he entered. i dont see him ever finishing inside the top 10

im really surprised with justin brayton and kevin windham this year too. and metcalf looked decent when he got the holeshot but you could tell he was pushing to hard to stay up front, i had a good feeling he was going down.

agree with both preceding posts. jlaw makes it interesting but at the same time he isn't top 10 so he really doesn't have much opportunity to bring excitement to the show. At that level, so many have raw talent. At some point, it takes total work ethic to be the man. By our standards, they all look like they might have total work ethic but insiders know who is really working out, practicing, cross training, etc. and those who aren't.

RATPACK Z400
01-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Jlaw let the fame get to his head to fast and probably partied too much ! he needs to turn hus life around fast or waste all that talent. Windham needs to retire BAD he,s only good for 2-3laps then hes nowhere to be seen ! great rider just WAY past his prime ! Stewart,Dungy,Villipoto,Carnard looked awesome out there and are going to battle for championship hard it just the beginning so its anybody game now !Id like Dungy to win but he might be burned-out for winning two title,s last yr !

300ex_#387
01-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
Jlaw let the fame get to his head to fast and probably partied too much ! he needs to turn hus life around fast or waste all that talent. Windham needs to retire BAD he,s only good for 2-3laps then hes nowhere to be seen ! great rider just WAY past his prime ! Stewart,Dungy,Villipoto,Carnard looked awesome out there and are going to battle for championship hard it just the beginning so its anybody game now !Id like Dungy to win but he might be burned-out for winning two title,s last yr !

Windham had quite a few podiums and a couple wins last year. Were only 2 races in right now. Guys will start to get into a groove again.