PDA

View Full Version : Pro's racing Pro Am?

nwi45
01-23-2011, 09:47 AM
I am so mind boggled on this new rule. It seems about as backwards as it comes.

Why would you allow pros to run pro am on Sundays? Instead shouldnt the Pro Ams be allowed to run in the Pro class on saturday and also in their pro am class on sunday?

Pappy
01-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I think Pro AM should be able to try and qualify for the Pro race:scary:

nwi45
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Exactly. That rule would make sense.

You would have a full gate in pro class at every round

KingpinsEx
01-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Didn't Cody Miller win the NEATV pro and pro-am class this year? Doesn't seem right, like double dipping. I don't see alot of pros wanting to stick around and race Sunday for the pro-am and risk an injury, but I could be wrong...

icecreammaker
01-23-2011, 11:30 AM
from what i heard If you were a champ or past champ, or in top 10 you, as a pro cannot run pro am, I like the idea, ITP & NEATV have it, Nascar & Nationwide series have

Ken,

diangelo#67
01-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Guys th epurpose of the pro-am class was to give am's the chance to se if they have enough speed to compete in the pro class, This is what the class use to be kory ellis,tavis cain, dana creech all of them were brought on ths way I was around in 2000 when this was the way things were an there were some good races back them w.l.mccarley on brian's lsr 450, mike walsh on his wrc 520. great times

only recently have we had crazy battles in the pro-am class that would suggest that its a step backward, top 4 pro-am's have close times to pros's. In my opinion tey should be running the pro class. Back in the day they use to bump you up. Haven't seen that in a long time

SRH
01-23-2011, 12:51 PM
yeah im pretty sure the pros could always race pro am, i thinka few of them use to for some extra track time

diangelo#67
01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
nope, they changed it a while ago, But just reversed it
now its like back in the day 10 aren't allowed but the rest can. At one point pro-am guys made more then pro's because of the 2 classes

honduh440
01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
proam guys can still ride in other classes like A class or maybe even b class .... like the other guy said the reason for pro am is to test your skills without having to go pro and not be able to step back if your to slow

extremeblastr
01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by icecreammaker
from what i heard If you were a champ or past champ, or in top 10 you, as a pro cannot run pro am, I like the idea, ITP & NEATV have it, Nascar & Nationwide series have

Ken,

wrong for the past 4 or 5 years the neatv pro and pro am championships have been won by the same person in both classes. all the neatv pros run pro and pro am its how the A and pro am riders find out if they have the speed and where they lack it. pro am should always be a mix if pro and A class riders it makes it a lot more interesting when the A guys finally go pro.

FHKracingZ
01-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
proam guys can still ride in other classes like A class or maybe even b class .... like the other guy said the reason for pro am is to test your skills without having to go pro and not be able to step back if your to slow

Not true, the only class you can run if you run pro-am production is pro-am unlimited.

I think they should have pro's run saturday and pro-am production run sunday. That way the pro-am production riders can try to qualify for pro and if they dont make it still have pro-am on sunday.

trompen542
01-24-2011, 09:12 AM

I think they should have pro's run saturday and pro-am production run sunday. That way the pro-am production riders can try to qualify for pro and if they dont make it still have pro-am on sunday. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, this rule is backwards, the pro-am production, should be able to try to qualify for pro, not the other way around, it has been this way in the bikes for years, and it works great.

icecreammaker
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
wrong for the past 4 or 5 years the neatv pro and pro am championships have been won by the same person in both classes. all the neatv pros run pro and pro am its how the A and pro am riders find out if they have the speed and where they lack it. pro am should always be a mix if pro and A class riders it makes it a lot more interesting when the A guys finally go pro.

Ummm How am I wrong then

TWISTED
01-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Spader used to run the pro am class just for practice cause he couldn't make it to the tracks on Friday, but he would always pull over and let everybody by so it wouldn't interfere with points........

blaster99
01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
The article on atvmotocross.com that talks about this rule change makes sense. You need a pro license to run the pro class. You get this by either earning 150 points in pro am production the year before, or sending in a resume, and they will check it out. I'm assuming they will look at how you did at the races, lap times compared to pro's lap times etc. I bet if quite a few of the top 10 pro am guys from last year applied for their pro license, they would get it.

diangelo#67
01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
hell gary I remember when travis use to start backwards in the expert class d7 on a 250x. He still lapped people