PDA

View Full Version : What this site needs

400exshop
01-23-2011, 09:23 AM
This site would be sweet with a chat box at the top of each page. lets vote on it ?

come on guy and gals .

its got vote.

400exshop
01-23-2011, 09:33 AM
damn yall dont want this ?

Pappy
01-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Not just a chat but there will be several new options on the new site:p

I took on extra races this season so that the Admin could get everything moved over to the new site

400exshop
01-23-2011, 09:36 AM
what is the new site ?

Pappy
01-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Not sure what version he will be going with. Th ehold up for the past few years has been time, and he did not want to loose data and images.....

I think at this point he is willing to do what he has to do so he can have a working site again (its been fubar for many years)

400exshop
01-23-2011, 11:26 AM
well, pappy there are alot of good guys on here that will repost any thing that needs to be, so i dont think he will lose much.

Quad18star
01-23-2011, 12:23 PM
In the words of Larry The Cable Guy ... this website is going " Aluminum" :devil:

jcs003
01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
what exactly is a chat box?

CJM
01-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
what exactly is a chat box?

Like a chatroom right on the website.

wilkin250r
01-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I don't like the idea of a chatbox.

One of the greatest assets of this site is it's wealth of knowledge. In a chatroom, if questions get asked, there's no method of saving the answers and preserving that knowledge.

And if it's not knowledge, then (in my opinion) it's barely above useless. Chat sessions like "I'm bored at school" aren't going to bring in new members, aren't going to keep good members, and aren't really going to add anything to the value of the site.

I'll try to keep an open mind, but I don't see this going well.

Brauap
01-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Honestly, I don't like the idea of a chatbox.

One of the greatest assets of this site is it's wealth of knowledge. In a chatroom, if questions get asked, there's no method of saving the answers and preserving that knowledge.

And if it's not knowledge, then (in my opinion) it's barely above useless. Chat sessions like "I'm bored at school" aren't going to bring in new members, aren't going to keep good members, and aren't really going to add anything to the value of the site.

I'll try to keep an open mind, but I don't see this going well.

x2

One_Bad_400
01-23-2011, 05:17 PM
I say nay on the chat box. no only what was stated above, but also, descussions on this web site tend to not stay on topic. if 30 people are chatting it up and BS'n and someone asks a real question, it might not be seen. I like the forums, not AIM

sunco
01-26-2011, 06:04 AM
The only thing I want to see changed is in the "for sale section"

List the states that the people are selling from.

Some don't mind having things shipped with the hopes they'll get what they ordered, but for me I'd rather go get it or meet them somewhere.

Good luck w/ however the new stuff works out.

I'll always be a fan.

TCracin440ex
01-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by sunco
The only thing I want to see changed is in the "for sale section"

List the states that the people are selling from.

that and id like to see a post count added. where you need to have atleast 50-75 posts, and been here atleast 3 months before you can post in the classifieds. alot of truck forums im on does that and it helps cut down on the spam, and helps keep scammers and deadbeats off the classifieds

id also like to see the names and age of people added underneath of the user name.

ON EDIT: im a member of gmfullsize.com and they have a chat feature and let me tell you that chat is nothing but clutterd up 24/7 ive been on at 3am sometimes and seen that chat full of ppl just talking bs. its hard to even carry on a convo with folks because of people scrolling, trolling, and ppl haveing like 3 or 4 different convos going at 1 time

lasher45
01-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I think it's a horrible idea. Everytime I come across a chat box on any website its full of BS and rambling. What would be the point on a website like this anyways? To have more Trolling and kids talk smack?

mxrcr103
01-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah I vote no on the chat. But I definantly agree on posting your state when listing in the classifieds. It would make it so much easier to scroll through when looking for a quad to buy. It would even be nice on parts because there is nothing like paying or recieving actual cash and doing the transaction of the product in person.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I can already see the chatbox arguments scrolling.