PDA

View Full Version : Brake Line

Honda4LifeWes36
01-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Well on my little car I blew a brake line. I'm getting ready to replace it but I've never done it before. Is it kinda difficult and usually how long does it take??

CJM
01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Rather simple if its a metal line. If its the flexible line its usually just bolted on.

For a metal line: Your gonna need a flaring kit, tube cutter and fittings. The line you buy will have flared ends and connections on it as well. You will also need line wrenches, these are special wrenches that fit over the fittings and wont strip them.

What you need to do is take the tubing cutter, cut the shock line in a solid place. Then match up and bend your line you bought. Put your fitting on the line and flare the end you cut. Connect the two lines, then bleed where the line went to. If its just a caliper or a wheel cylinder you can just bleed that usually, if you replaced a line that diverts a few other places you need to bleed the whole system.

Get a haynes or chiltons manual, it will explain the whole thing better and has pictures.