PDA

View Full Version : 250r Clutch Problem

spliffy
02-13-2003, 10:39 AM
I Was Putting My New Clutch Cable On my 250r & The Little Piece That Attaches To The Cable By The Engine Seems To Be Real Cheesy, It Looks Like It Should Go Between The 2 Adjusting Nuts So When You Pull In The Lever It Holds It There..... I Don't Knw How Much Good This Description Is & I Will Try Getting A Pic This Weekend , It Just Seems Real Cheap & Not Very Sturdy & Could Pop Out From In Between The 2 Nuts & Then The Clutch Wouldn't Work. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Maybe It Is Just Worn Out & I Need A New One?¿ I Went To Service Honda For the Part Number & Was Unable To Find It.

03GNCC270
02-13-2003, 10:51 AM
IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE HOLDER ON THE CASE IT SHOULD BE OPENED JUST ENOUGH FOR THE WIRE CABLE TO SLIDE IN. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO PUT THE THREADED PART IN THAT CRACK YOU NEED TO BEND IT CLOSED MORE

spliffy
02-13-2003, 11:23 AM
So It Doesn't Go Between The 2 Adjusting Bolts?? If Not Than Thats What My Problem Is..... Any Idea What the Part Number I So I Can Order A New One With The Rubber Around It Cuz The Rubber Part Isn't On It Anymore & I Would Think It Would Really Eat Up The Cable If The Cable Slides Over Metal.

03GNCC270
02-13-2003, 11:26 AM
SORRY THE NUTS DO HOLD THE THREADED PIECE FROM MOVING IN THE MOUNT. THE ONLY RUBBER PIECE ON THE CABLE IS THE ONE ON THE END TOWARD THE CLUTCH ARM.

spliffy
02-13-2003, 01:01 PM
There Was Also A Rubber Coating Like Thing On The Holder Itself & That Fell Off, Not On The Cable. I Think I Just Need A New Holder But I Can't Find A Part Number At www.servicehonda.com

02-13-2003, 01:24 PM
the holder is called a "cluth cable clamp"
&...part#is 22861-ha2-670

spliffy
02-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Sweet , Just Ordered It... Thanks 2 R's :) As Long AS I Have This Post Going , What Else Makes The Bowl On The Carb Overfill... I Have Already Cleaned Out The Needle Seat & Replaced The Needle Itself From A Rebuild Kit.... But Even After That If I Leave The Gas On After A Few Minutes She Leaks Out the Overflow Tube :confused:

02-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by spliffy
Sweet , Just Ordered It... Thanks 2 R's :) As Long AS I Have This Post Going , What Else Makes The Bowl On The Carb Overfill... I Have Already Cleaned Out The Needle Seat & Replaced The Needle Itself From A Rebuild Kit.... But Even After That If I Leave The Gas On After A Few Minutes She Leaks Out the Overflow Tube :confused:
i can only think of 2 things rt now,,
too much fuel going into carb..like an oversized hose from tank to carb. or maybe the float is not in proper positon

spliffy
02-14-2003, 10:17 AM
The Hose Seems To Be The Right Size... I Will Have To Try Playin With The Float Level. Thanks