PDA

View Full Version : This place is dead!

chucked
01-22-2011, 07:29 AM
It wasn't even that long ago where I would have to go to the 2nd page to find a thread I made earlier in the day. Now we got 3 days worth of stuff on the first page! What happened?!

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah I've noticed that too.

rpfeifer11
01-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Everyone switched to bikes.

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with that fact that there can't be a thread without fighting anymore. Everyone used to be a lot different around here.

quad2xtreme
01-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
I think a lot of it has to do with that fact that there can't be a thread without fighting anymore. Everyone used to be a lot different around here.

X2. There are just too many trolling the pages looking to make sarcastic remarks. Folks just got tired of helping others and started letting their true *******selves come to the surface.

yellowzo3
01-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250

This is pretty true. True for pretty much any forum nowadays.

But compared to other quad sites exriders still has the most traffic and posts. Some of the other sites I used to visit everyday are REALLY dead. I usually just scroll through those sites once every couple months and even then there's really nothing new (I don't even bother logging in.. just browse the site for 5 minutes and I'm outta there).

bbender85
01-22-2011, 08:11 AM
keep in mind too its the end of jan... it's 8* here and snow everywhere, lol. :D

Pappy
01-22-2011, 08:40 AM
The traffic usually dies off abit after the holidays...has for years.

IMO however, the fact that there isnt anything really new out there doesnt help, no one is building like they did a few years back, and the search here already has a ton of info....isnt that what yall tell newbies..use the search:p

As soon as racing and riding season kicks in the traffic will ramp up just like it always does.

ZeroLogic
01-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm still on here and thats all that matters!:macho

PaRedneckRiders
01-22-2011, 09:12 AM
I know im pretty new here but i still try and help people out as much as i can and im on here at least once or twice a day maybe more.

One_Bad_400
01-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Back when the manufacturers were dropping new quads every year this place was kickin. Z400, YFZ, 450r, KFX450R, LTR. People used to stay up until 12AM waiting for them to be released, and there would be a 10 page discussion about it by morning. Back when AIM was popular we used to have big open chats about new releases and Christmas and so on. It has changed a lot. Back when it was EXRiders. It used to only bleed RED around here. Then we let all the other colored folks in. :p Back when it was EXRiders there was always a battle between BlueTraxx and EXRiders. I signed onto BlueTraxx the other day… talk about dead!

Wow, now that I think about that and look how long i've been a member, i've almost been a member for a decade!

catch22blaster
01-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I'm still on here and thats all that matters!:macho

x's 2 man

ZeroLogic
01-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
Back when the manufacturers were dropping new quads every year this place was kickin. Z400, YFZ, 450r, KFX450R, LTR. People used to stay up until 12AM waiting for them to be released, and there would be a 10 page discussion about it by morning. Back when AIM was popular we used to have big open chats about new releases and Christmas and so on. It has changed a lot. Back when it was EXRiders. It used to only bleed RED around here. Then we let all the other colored folks in. :p Back when it was EXRiders there was always a battle between BlueTraxx and EXRiders. I signed onto BlueTraxx the other day… talk about dead!

Wow, now that I think about that and look how long i've been a member, i've almost been a member for a decade!

They were to fun days. The group chats over aim were awsome. Some "epic" stuff happened in those rooms.:scary:

initall
01-22-2011, 02:00 PM
EXRIDERS.com -- seems a long time ago

dpizz450
01-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

wow! bluetraxx! i totally forgot about all that. that feels like a lifetime ago!

300racer
01-22-2011, 05:19 PM
i miss the ol gncc coverage! 04 and 05 was great coverage.

lonnie1977
01-22-2011, 06:48 PM
This forum is busier then the rest. Just recently got a Yami and central and tech are very slow. Only have to check them once a week. Lot of good people on here that keep it moving.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I've been here since '05 and have noticed it's deader than ever. It usually does pick up around riding season though, people throw up there camping pics, riding pics, movies, etc.

I used to get on here 2 or 3 times a day but there's so many trolls, and the forum is so biased towards mods/admins I don't even bother posting stuff anymore.

You can say complain about people on this site all day long, and admins/mods can post up dirty jokes, but if you decide to complain about a mod, or post up a joke yourself that isn't appropriate for 2 year olds, you get the ban hammer.

I stick around YFZ Tech and YFZ Central for the most part now.

Pappy
01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
^ You keep posting gay crap and the mods remove it. You want a tissue? Point out the trolls, they will be removed. If I banned every person that broke a rule you would be gone...again....

And by "gay"..I mean "Gay". The last picture you posted had a dude on a bed with superman telling him to bite a pillow:p

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry you don't like my opinion, just stating it how I see it. I haven't broken a rule, so how exactly would I be gone again? Because I call the mods on their **** and they get mad?

Yes, I'm still butthurt over the fact I got banned for telling Quad18Star to change his tampon. Had it been ANY other member, I'd still be on my original account. But, because it's a mod, I get banned.

Edit- And it made me laugh, so I thought I would share. LOL :D And not to mention it's a real superman cover.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RP16A1QWRUg/SdLGHW-doeI/AAAAAAAAAns/DOf_Z24ZjwM/S1600-R/PillowBiter.gif

Pappy
01-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Look, the mods volunteer their time and if you treat them like crap your gone.

You have an issue, fine, then why come back? I will never understand that, if I dont like a site or the way its run I dont visit it. You arent going to get a mod in trouble, hell if they want to ban you then you are gone, they have to be here and if your an idoit then they can remove you, very very simple.

You have a choice here, take it any way you'd like because I really dont care:p If you give me crap I will remove you and not think twice about it. You are free to an opinion, but leave it at that, once you come after a Mod your gone. You have a big yap and a chip on your shoulder, one of many...who cares:p Just get along or go elsewhere is all I ask:blah:

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Point taken. I like this forum, just have a dis-liking to a mod. :p I'll keep it to myself from here. ;)

Pappy
01-22-2011, 07:40 PM
LOL Thank you!

If you need to vent, send me a lengthy PM telling me all about it. I will laugh, delete it and go about my day....its a website not actual daily face to face life and it isnt worth the hassle:blah:

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Point taken. I like this forum, just have a dis-liking to a mod. :p I'll keep it to myself from here. ;)

Want me to send you a tampon to soak up all those tears?

Trust me ... the tampon comment wasn't what got you banned the first time . Your constant *****ing, complaining, and posting some rediculously dumb stuff got you banned.

It's too bad that you have a chip on your shoulder and a problem with me .... I hope you didn't lose any sleep over it all ... because I certainly didn't.

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
LOL Thank you!

If you need to vent, send me a lengthy PM telling me all about it. I will laugh, delete it and go about my day....its a website not actual daily face to face life and it isnt worth the hassle:blah:

LMAO.

Come on Ken .... you must spend all day reading all the lengthy PM's that members send you. :p

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Want me to send you a tampon to soak up all those tears?

Trust me ... the tampon comment wasn't what got you banned the first time . Your constant *****ing, complaining, and posting some rediculously dumb stuff got you banned.

It's too bad that you have a chip on your shoulder and a problem with me .... I hope you didn't lose any sleep over it all ... because I certainly didn't.

This is exactly my point. I get told to drop my complaining, so I comply, then home slice over here needs to add in another .02. Ironic that, "other stuff" got me banned, yet I was banned less than a minute after I told you to take your tampon out. Obviously it's still in there.

lonnie1977
01-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Fighting over the internet is pointless! Let it be and hope for an early spring so we can all start riding again. :devil:

chucked
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Lol this thread is as good as closed!

Pappy
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by lonnie1977
Fighting over the internet is pointless! Let it be and hope for an early spring so we can all start riding again. :devil:

Amen..and hope for the economy to get better. So many folks had to sell out just to stay in a house it is sickening.

Greg, youre married now, you will be accustomed to *****ing, whining and tampons in no time:p

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:36 PM

Greg, youre married now, you will be accustomed to *****ing, whining and tampons in no time:p

Ya but atleast it's followed by dinner being cooked and the house being cleaned. :blah:

Scro
01-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ya but atleast it's followed by dinner being cooked and the house being cleaned. :blah:

What? The late night married couple time has already been axed?! Man, good to hear I'm not the only one!

Pappy
01-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Scro
What? The late night married couple time has already been axed?! Man, good to hear I'm not the only one!

They are Canadian, she is working on her beard:devil: :blah: I geuss its at that "scratchy" stage LMAO!:D

lonnie1977
01-22-2011, 08:41 PM
They are Canadian, she is working on her beard:devil: :blah: I geuss its at that "scratchy" stage LMAO!:D

WOW!

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
This is exactly my point. I get told to drop my complaining, so I comply, then home slice over here needs to add in another .02. Ironic that, "other stuff" got me banned, yet I was banned less than a minute after I told you to take your tampon out. Obviously it's still in there.

You're on your way to an IP ban just because I don't like you.

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:44 PM

Could be worse .... she could be chasing sheep in a field... I hear you have that kind of experience!!! :eek2:

Pappy
01-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Im a goat man Greg, get it right:p

LOL...remember that thread I posted about the goats in the middle of nowhere LMAO!

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Scro

LMAO.

Everyone asks how married life is ..... I tell them after 5 years of being together the only thing different is the fighting get to be more fun. :D

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Im a goat man Greg, get it right:p

LOL...remember that thread I posted about the goats in the middle of nowhere LMAO!

Sheep ... Goat ..... whatever ... you said they all look the same from behind !!!:p

Pappy
01-22-2011, 08:50 PM
LOL here it is

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375647&highlight=goat

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
LMFAO. I'm sitting here in tears and Mel's wondering why I'm laughing so hard.

Pappy
01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Sometimes this state live up to every stereotype its earned:p

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Sometimes this state live up to every stereotype its earned:p

I showed her the picture ... she asked what was funny about it .... I said "He's from West Virginia" .... we're both laughing now !!!

How long into chasing it , did it take you to realize there was something wrong with chasing a goat down the backroads?

Pappy
01-22-2011, 09:01 PM
A few minutes:p

Not one car ever came down the road at all thankfully. I felt really bad, goats are pets to alot of folks, kind of like seeing a dog dead on the road.....but not so bad I wanted to risk being seen chasing the other goat:p

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
A few minutes:p

Not one car ever came down the road at all thankfully. I felt really bad, goats are pets to alot of folks, kind of like seeing a dog dead on the road.....but not so bad I wanted to risk being seen chasing the other goat:p

I don't blame you . You never know ... that goat could have been someone's special "friend". And seeing they may have thought you killed their other "friend" .... you may have had some questions to answer.

motochamp250
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I've been a member on here for a while. took a little hiatus and have been back recently. May not really post a whole lot, but i post when i can help someone out. I still enjoy getting on here and reading and seeing what everyone is up to. Still a great site!

hunter

Pappy
01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
I've been a member on here for a while. took a little hiatus and have been back recently. May not really post a whole lot, but i post when i can help someone out. I still enjoy getting on here and reading and seeing what everyone is up to. Still a great site!

hunter

It was the goat and sheep talk that brought him out in the open:eek: :devil:

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
It was the goat and sheep talk that brought him out in the open:eek: :devil:

They'll all come out of the woodwork now ..... from West Virginia, to Kentucky and Tennessee. Bring on the backroad goat stories !!!!

motochamp250
01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
haha how did i know that was coming :devil:

Quad18star
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
haha how did i know that was coming :devil:

Premonition... DejaVu or ESP would be my best guess.

:p

Pipeless416
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
it's amazing that i have had this picture on my computer for years.. never really had a use for it till now :p :blah:

quad2xtreme
01-24-2011, 05:18 AM
^^^
that picture is too funny...and I have to wonder why you had it. :p

Pappy
01-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Everyone needs a goat pic on their computer:chinese: