PDA

View Full Version : Drilling new bolt patterns?

TheLane
01-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I cant imagine this is reccomended. Someone just told me to buy their yamaha bolt pattern rims and he had someone who would redrill them for a honda (of course in different spots on the hub)
but i could not imagine that this would be safe?

Scro
01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
As long as it's centered on the wheel, it will be fine. I've seen it done several times. It's really no different than what the wheel manufacturer does.

TheLane
01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh i thought that drilling more holes in it might make the metal more likely to bend around the center? or not sustain a hard landing as well.

you havent seen anything to support that? If not ill take your word and give it a shot!!

Scro
01-20-2011, 07:55 PM
No, the holes are not big enough to cause any structural weakness. You'll have zero problems with them. Just make sure you use lugs with a flat surface. You can use the stock type lugs, just flip them around and put a washer behind them.

TheLane
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Ah ok, thanks for the help! ill give it a try!

01 400EXer
01-22-2011, 06:09 AM
I did it to a set of beadlocks. I took the hub off and knocked out the wheels studs and used that as a template. It came out almost perfect. I can't tell if it is due to the left side of my axle has a slight bend. The right side is perfect.