PDA

View Full Version : What is my problem!????

Grande Huevos
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
ok guys here is my situation..... my R fires right up first kick every time but when i give it throttle is sounds real boggy and blows lots of white smoke. when i ride it it has no throttle response what so ever until im full throttle and in fourth gear or higher?? I have a fresh top end w a new head and dome, new pipe and silencer, my filter is new and clean, all my fluids have been changed and nothing leaks that i have seen so far. I have tested all my electrical components and they have specd out according to the thread found in the "sticky" part of this forum. i have replaced the entire wire harness and it is all hooked up correctly, i have put new reeds, new spark plug, new coil, new crank seals, cleaned my carb extensivly and played w my jetting from pilot, main ,needle and clip positions and still nothing has changed!!!!! what else can it b??? is it possible that my crank could have some sort of prob? or maybe fly wheel issues??? im lost and need some help!!!! any ideas will be appriciated!

Jonny B
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Did you do a leak test when you rebuilt the top end? White smoke sounds like burning coolant, maybe a head gasket is bad? I would check your coolant level in the radiator.

trx293pv
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
smell your coolant overflow bottle. if it smells like exhaust then... well you've found your problem

Becareless06
01-19-2011, 08:22 PM
that what im thinking burning coolant

Grande Huevos
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
i am not losing any coolant anywere it is still full after running the bike for several min of riding, spark plug is perfect light brown color. head gasket is for sure good no leaks!!! coolant has no dis coloring or oil and my oil has no coolant in it or anythiong unusual.

atvmxr
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
your head gasket is leaking...
my sleeve actually dropped down in the cylinder a *^&% hair and did pretty much exactly what your talking about.

it only takes a smidge of water to get things all out of wack in the combustion chamber

profab250R
01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a bad crank case seal, could be center seal, or one of the crank seals you put in didnt seal propery. The white smoke will smell very pungent like burning oil, but I am guessing that is your problem.

With a leaky head gasket you will have ahrd cold starts.

Grande Huevos
01-20-2011, 07:15 AM
well for the last time its 100% for sure NOT MY HEAD GASKET!!!!! i have used two different heads and like 3 different gaskets crank seals were installed w a light coat of 12/11 so i highly doubt it is that either! if anybody has any ideas other then HEAD GASKET lol or crank seal let me kno thanks

Honda 250r 001
01-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
well for the last time its 100% for sure NOT MY HEAD GASKET!!!!! i have used two different heads and like 3 different gaskets crank seals were installed w a light coat of 12/11 so i highly doubt it is that either! if anybody has any ideas other then HEAD GASKET lol or crank seal let me kno thanks

Did you check your cylinder for flatness? doesnt matter how flat or good your head and gasket is, if your cylinder deck is effed up, it wont seal.

profab250R
01-20-2011, 07:50 AM
you might have a cracked case if you are absolutely 100% positive its not your crank seal... which I dont know how anybody can really be that sure with out splitting the cases to see.. But it is not uncommon to find hairline cracks in crank cases that create the same symptoms you describe. AS well as crank seals. Maybe the spring fell out of one of your seals and isnt letting it seal properly.

atvmxr
01-20-2011, 08:00 AM

well then it must be your axle bearings....

:devil:

trx293pv
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
I've got three extra left case halves and two of them are cracked in exactly the same place. seems like it has something to do with the fact that the crank is a press fit into the bearing on that side. they come out hard and if someone tries to pound them out the cases bust. don't know if that's your problem but atvmxr might be right could be your axle bearings haha

Pumashine
01-20-2011, 10:38 AM
ok guys here is my situation..... my R fires right up first kick every time but when i give it throttle is sounds real boggy and blows lots of white smoke. when i ride it it has no throttle response what so ever until im full throttle and in fourth gear or higher?? any ideas will be appriciated!

I once had a similar problem, it was it was running way too rich. Pulled my pilot jet to find a sliver of rubber, from pressing the fuel line on, stuck in the pilot jet. Removed the splinter and was happy camper. Cleaned up the bog in a minute.

hartwill
01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr
well then it must be your axle bearings....

:devil: It could be halogen fluid too.. lol that's funny. With my experience white smoke means water or coolant in your combustion chamber. Oil makes black smoke. Unless you mixed your oil with kerosene or diesel or something instead of gas. Sure sounds like head gasket to me.

hartwill
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Maybe you just have water in your gas. try draining it and putting in fresh gas.

Pumashine
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
Maybe you just have water in your gas. try draining it and putting in fresh gas.

When I got done posting, this is exactly what i was thinking. Recently a buddies kid had just filled his tank with water from a gas jug. LOL!

j4duncanr
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
was a leak down test preformed?.thats what i would have done first before starting.now if i was you i would stop guessing and do a leak down test right now with radiator cap off full of antifreeze.i believe your going to find your problem.also it doesnt take alot of water/antifreeze to make alot of smoke.

j4duncanr
01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
was a leak down test preformed?.thats what i would have done first before starting.now if i was you i would stop guessing and do a leak down test right now with radiator cap off full of antifreeze.i believe your going to find your problem

LONG-ROD
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I seen your bike run.. the smoke actually looked dark gray against the snow.. this might clear things up a bit.. I bike with a bad head gasket will rev much better then that. lol.. plus fluid will usually come out with the cap off when motor is reved.. yours just has a nice vibration ripple through it.. I think what he is asking.. if there is not a crack, or busted case, and the crank seals r good, and its not coolant. would anything else make it smoke like it is..

j4duncanr
01-20-2011, 07:41 PM
no. if its grey smoke than its crank seal on tranny side or center case seal(i had that happen to me cracked centers pulled tranny oil in wouldnt open up smoked fouled plugs eventually