View Full Version : cody gibson #40

#3ltr450
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
What is he riding this year, or is he?????????

rollie
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Last i heard he's all done, search for it theres a whole thread, these pro and pro-am guys can only race for so long untill they need to start actually making a living!

lasher45
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
He's done, in an interview with Mike Walsh he stated that Cody is most likely not racing this year.

diangelo#67
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
RETIRED

hsr
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
possibly the most talented guy to ever throw a leg over a quad...it's a shame , there were a lot more championships in his future. best of luck to him.

blacknblue#2
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
definitely a talented rider for sure. Was this a result of the bad economy and funds running dry before sponsorship or just lost interest??

ALAMX37
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Talented was an understatement. Kid raced 4 years and won Pro-am. He sure was fun to watch.

KingpinsEx
01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Man if a guy like Cody doesn't make it, who will? Hasn't looked good for a few years now, seeing these pro am champions throwing in the towel... Really makes you think about the future of this sport. :confused: Does anyone have the real scoop? I hate seeing such talented riders just disappear.

BlasterEaten250
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I remember watching him race a couple of years ago in pro am and he was my favorite rider to watch out of the whole weekend..including pro's...

kyleschonert
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
From what I've read and heard through the grape vine, get ready for the factories to back out and see the sport go back to its root. Goodbye to the production rules and get ready to dust off those hybrids.

blacknblue#2
01-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
From what I've read and heard through the grape vine, get ready for the factories to back out and see the sport go back to its root. Goodbye to the production rules and get ready to dust off those hybrids.

Its sad to see but its coming to this. I feel sorry for anyone to has sacrificed so much trying to make it to the pro ranks on 4 wheels. When the time comes for a child of mine to throw his leg over something it will be a dirtbike. Im a quad guy at heart but i never had the support to make a living racing anyhow but if i have a kid thats interested then ill support him 100% but ill wanna make sure he is at least in the right direction. In a way our sport is like highschool sports, kids work their way up from the bottom hoping one day it pays off but when you flip the TV on on game day 9 times out of 10 your gonna see a football game opposed to soccer so who do you think is making the better living..

Baracudaaa
01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Its sad to see but its coming to this. I feel sorry for anyone to has sacrificed so much trying to make it to the pro ranks on 4 wheels. When the time comes for a child of mine to throw his leg over something it will be a dirtbike. Im a quad guy at heart but i never had the support to make a living racing anyhow but if i have a kid thats interested then ill support him 100% but ill wanna make sure he is at least in the right direction. In a way our sport is like highschool sports, kids work their way up from the bottom hoping one day it pays off but when you flip the TV on on game day 9 times out of 10 your gonna see a football game opposed to soccer so who do you think is making the better living..

Atv's, MX, kids, football, soccer, tv?????

I am sorry, but your logic eludes me????? What is the point you are trying to make????

BlasterEaten250
01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Atv's, MX, kids, football, soccer, tv?????

I am sorry, but your logic eludes me????? What is the point you are trying to make????
Football = Dirtbikes...Soccer = Atv's. Both take determination and hard work but one is much more popular than the other.

blaster12s
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
^got it right.

KingpinsEx
01-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2

Well said, as passionate as we are about it, who can devote their life to something that has no future? Look at how many rookie pros come into the bike ranks every year, opposed to the same old guys running quads for 10 years.

SRH
01-22-2011, 11:16 AM
football nascar motocross basketball lawn mower racing is soccer

atv racing is like argentenian underwater ice polo