PDA

View Full Version : Pitster 125 HO Upgrades

MRFERGUSON
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
What upgrades are recommended for the Pitster 125 HO engine?
Head, Carb, Ignition, Gearing, Ect.
My grandson races XC

Mike Ferguson
Melbourne, Florida

quadnana7
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
That's what we are doing. Also suspension upgrades would be helpful.

T@AFP
01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Get a hold of this company. A few of us have already sent our engines to him to have modified. Our pal Rob highly recommended him to us. They seem so much cheaper to build than the CVT stuff.

http://www.firepowerminis.com/index.html

quadnana7
01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Tom at ATV Fourplay makes some serious XC and MX suspension for the Pitster

T@AFP
01-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by quadnana7
Tom at ATV Fourplay makes some serious XC and MX suspension for the Pitster

MRFERGUSON
01-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Do you know what the Mods typically are?
Also do you know the brands and model numbers of the aftermarket parts that are being used to make these things run?

I appreciate your input.

Mike Ferguson
Melbourne, Florida

T@AFP
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I do not. I would give Terry at FirePower a call and he'll help you out.

Originally posted by MRFERGUSON
Do you know what the Mods typically are?
Also do you know the brands and model numbers of the aftermarket parts that are being used to make these things run?

I appreciate your input.

Mike Ferguson
Melbourne, Florida

Ride1Rob
01-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Mike, Tom hit the nail on the head. There is (and I emphasize) NO engine builder out there that knows or can do things with these China engines like Terry at FirePower can. It's alot more to it than your normal port/polish and valve job. We're also here in Florida and he has been building our setups for the past year. We race at Dade City so you know we run against some high dollar machines. With the Pitster, Firepowers engine, and Toms suspension the bike is hands down one of the best performing machines you can get in a mini other than probably a JB mod.

ValloneRaceTeam
05-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Are the Elkas special for Pitster Pros or do other model quads shocks fit these?

bigdaddy77
05-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I know the ones we run with the Atv Fourplay suspension are specific for that suspension. As far as on stock a arms and swinger AtvGalaxy on ebay sells elkas for the Pitster. All different stages of them. You might be able to find out some info from them. If not measure your eye to eye measurement of stock shocks. They need to be off the quad to get a good measurement. Then maybe reference them versus other quads.