PDA

View Full Version : My RAZR's are here

DESDAK4
02-12-2003, 08:46 PM
But I do have one question. Are they shorter than the stack tires. It just looks like they are about 1 inch or so shorter of course they have no air yet because they have to be move to the rims. I was just woundering.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

toby400ex
02-12-2003, 08:48 PM
actually i thought that razrs are usually a bit bigger than they say they are.:confused:

remlapr
02-12-2003, 08:57 PM
I assume you mail ordered? What did they look like when you unpacked them? I just got a set of Kenda Knarly's that I haven't got mounted yet and when I unpacked them last night they were literally stuffed inside each other - I had to pry them apart and they are looking pretty deformed, guess I'll know if they are O.K. once I mount them. Maybe this is completely normal, I just don't know because I have never ordered tires before:confused:

DESDAK4
02-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Mine were nice and rapped in plastic. I know they are a little short from not having any air in them. I am sure the tires are fine and I guess it will a very little difference if there is one at all after I get them mounted tomorrow.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Porkchop
02-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
I assume you mail ordered? What did they look like when you unpacked them? I just got a set of Kenda Knarly's that I haven't got mounted yet and when I unpacked them last night they were literally stuffed inside each other - I had to pry them apart and they are looking pretty deformed, guess I'll know if they are O.K. once I mount them. Maybe this is completely normal, I just don't know because I have never ordered tires before:confused:

mine came packed like that too but they mount up fine, hope you like them :macho

QuadJunkies
02-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Porkchop
mine came packed like that too but they mount up fine, hope you like them :macho I agree. same here also, boy are you gonna love those tires!!!:D Im glad I bought them...

infantry317
02-13-2003, 08:41 AM
I ordered a set 22/20's from RMATV yesterday. :D Can't wait!

DESDAK4
02-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Yeah I am so happy I have them in the trunk of the car right now to be mounted up right after I leave work. I am running them with the stock front tires so I hope it works out well.

Jay
USAF

QuadJunkies
02-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
Yeah I am so happy I have them in the trunk of the car right now to be mounted up right after I leave work. I am running them with the stock front tires so I hope it works out well.

Jay
USAF I run them with my stock fronts...they will be just fine... they got some good bite to them!:blah just be careful on the powerslides.. I found that out a few days ago...they will hook up TOO much...hehe:o :p

DESDAK4
02-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Yeah rolling it would be bad. I have been lucky so far it has stayed upright after a year and a half or so, I am knocking on wood now:) I just hope get to ride on them before I get deployed again.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

02-13-2003, 11:26 AM
got 2 sets,.. & love em ;)
& yup the 20's seem alil shorter than stock

DESDAK4
02-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Yeah I think they are but not enough to hurt anything. I just can't wait to try them out.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

02-13-2003, 11:39 AM
yeah you will be fine ...;)

DESDAK4
02-13-2003, 11:44 AM
My only real worry these days is getting to stay home and not overseas killing people when I could be riding but I guess if they ask for it we must deliver it is just rude to ignore them:D

Jay
USAF
AMMO

02-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
My only real worry these days is getting to stay home and not overseas killing people when I could be riding but I guess if they ask for it we must deliver it is just rude to ignore them:D

Jay
USAF
AMMO
yup, go get em bro,,,drop a few for ME!!

DESDAK4
02-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Don't worry there will be plenty enough for every EXRIDER to claim a couple.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

ditchrider
02-13-2003, 05:30 PM
hey Desdak4 did you get the tires mounted ?
are they shorter or the same
talk to you later I' maybe call you after darts if its not late

DESDAK4
02-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah they are all mounted up. They are a little shorter but not much. The hub on the left side was pretty loose but I got that fixed too.

Jay
USAF

01TRX300EX
02-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Hope you like them, I love the ones I have on my 300EX. Maybe its just me but they dont seem to hook up as well as my stock tires were. But I know that it is a heck of a lot more stable now, I havent been up on 2 wheels yet, they just prefer to slide around the corner.

QuadJunkies
02-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 01TRX300EX
Hope you like them, I love the ones I have on my 300EX. Maybe its just me but they dont seem to hook up as well as my stock tires were. But I know that it is a heck of a lot more stable now, I havent been up on 2 wheels yet, they just prefer to slide around the corner. RElly?? I think mine hook up better, except on the loose dirt on hill climbs...oh then they fair so well:( .. I got mine up in two wheels in a powerslide the other day,,be careful they like to grab that sidewall and tread and when that happens...LOOK OUT :eek:

Moded86R
02-14-2003, 08:38 PM
I have had a set of 20/11/9 6 ply razr's for about a year now.(I don't ride much)They hook up awesome and slide 100 percent better than my stockers.As a matter of fact I can't slide well with the stockers at all.Mine are also mounted on ITP .190's which are a little more off-set than stock.I think it adds like 2 inches more width in the rear.

I like them so much I just ordered a set of 22/7/10 6 ply fronts.They should be here wednesday.I ordered them from rocky mountain.I just regret not getting new front wheels to match the rears now.

DESDAK4
02-14-2003, 08:55 PM
I just need rear traction right now because I am saving for shocks. This war should help that even if going does suck. After shocks I may look into new tires all the way around with HYPERs. I just can't wait til monday when it is warm enough to ride and I am healed up from surgery to try them out.

Jay
USAF
AMMO