PDA

View Full Version : suspension setup

bullett
01-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Hey guys I'm about to purchase a suspension setup for my quad. Right now all I have are the 450R front shocks, I was thinking about getting gtt to revalve all of 3 of my shocks and gtt +2 a-arms. I ride a mix of woods with wider trails and occasionally ride tracks but do not race. Does this sound like a good setup for my riding style? I'm kinda in over my head with the suspension so advice is welcome. Thanks

PaRedneckRiders
01-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Yes sounds like a decent set up unless you ride REALLY tight technical trails.
I run houser +2s with Redone 450r shocks and i like them alot. A ride about the same mix of stuff as you do.

But sometime i find myself wishing i went with the +1s in some areas around my house because we have some tight stuff and i cant fit with the +2s and the +4 axle.

Call GTT up and tell them what you need and what you do mayb they will give you some suggestions.

bullett
01-18-2011, 05:17 AM
I was actually gonna get +1s and I completely forgot about them til you posted that lol. I was thinkin burgard +1 +1s.

bullett
01-18-2011, 05:50 AM
Also can anyone tell me if I can run stock brake lines on +1 arms and a +1 steering stem? Or will this be stretching them too far?

PaRedneckRiders
01-18-2011, 01:27 PM
I have seen people run stock lines with a +1 stem and +2 arms but personally not going to. I am right now untill i can get some ss lines

Well actually i right now i dont have any front brake set up because im looking at picking up some SS lines and YFZ calipers.

Zeb400EX
01-18-2011, 02:28 PM
I just got some gtt +2's. I only got one ride on them but the look well built for the money. Burgard's r pretty decent to from what I've seen. In like the +2's. I've ran them for a few years and almost never have trouble getting through tight spots