PDA

View Full Version : CFM airbox

vroomy
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
i saw CFM make an airbox that holds the battery as well but the filter is shorter, was wondering if anyone is using one of these and what you think of it? i would of though a smaller filter would restrict the air intake??

wild250rman
01-19-2011, 01:03 AM
vroomy I ran one on my 07 400ex it was made well and looked good mounted up and put all the electricals in were it was dry but it was a tight fit and took a while to get all the wiring re-routed and in place. I used a k and n filter with filter skins on the filter and one for a lid and it ran fine but was very tight to try and get in and out to service. a stock style would have been easier to get in and out to service. I am running one on my 05 450r that uses a 250r size filter and it actually made a noticable difference in performance but there is no battery to be in the way the filter.

vroomy
01-20-2011, 09:12 PM
thanks for the input, is there a better idea or product that relocates the battery? im planning on getting an aftermarket subframe to lower the seat height.... hows that 88 R going? i hope your taking good care of it ;)

wild250rman
01-21-2011, 03:58 AM
it is doing fine, still setting in the same place and covered up. good luck with the battery relocate.