PDA

View Full Version : North Texas - Decatur TX - Oak Hill MX

QuadforceDavid
01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
I copied this from another forum I'm on. This track is a national caliber track and the owner seems interested in letting quads on for practice. If your in the North Texas area and have no plans for Sunday January 23rd, this would be worth the trip.

http://oakhillmx.com/

"Oak hill opening up for quad practice Jan 23rd, $20 a person. The weather is supposed to be beautiful sunday so there's no excuse darn it! But wait there's more....."

"I sat in on a meeting today with the owner and helped work out some details, presented some ideas and spoke my case for the quad community. The track owner agreed that opening the track up for quad practice once a week would be a good thing, and we talked of the possiblity of a quad fall series to start sometime in Sept. after the TQRA series has ended. So I deeply encourage the quad communtiy to come out and show your support for this track opening it's doors to us. Not often in recent times has this oppurtunity come availible to us to ride at a top notch facility. Weekly practice schedule is in the process of being worked out and will likely begin after daylight savings starts. But weekend practice dates will be announced as track time permits in the mean time. So show your support now! Come out and ride, bring your friends, and tell everyone you see at the track thanks!"

DaleJrFan
02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the effort in helping the quad community. I moved back to the Dallas area from Oklahoma 5 years ago and kinda walked away from quads because this area is geared twords dirtbikes and there is nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea. I miss OKC just for the simple fact that there was donzens of places to ride for free or really cheap that was amazing, but here, not so much. Now I am gonna have to get a UTV for trails but I am thinking about getting back to the MX or cross country scene here, just looking for some fellow riders looking to better the ATV community.

QuadforceDavid
02-04-2011, 09:48 AM
There are a lot of great places to ride around Dallas, you just have to look.

Oak Hill was scheduled to do this again on the 6th but with the weather we have I'm not sure they will do it.

There's a lot of guys on the other forum that I'm on that live up there and they say that that place is absolutely awesome. You should check it out.

QuadforceDavid
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Just found out that the open practice has been canceled this weekend, 2/6/11, due to weather.

They will reschedule. They had a great turnout the first time and they look forward to it growing.