PDA

View Full Version : Removing and installing starter clutch/flywheel NEED HELP

DVXracer
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I need to get my old starter clutch assembly off... and not sure how to keep the motor from turning over? Please help.

Also i do not have a 400ex flywheel puller, can i get away with using a balancer puller to get the assembly off?

rubbersdown
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
I need to get my old starter clutch assembly off... and not sure how to keep the motor from turning over? Please help.

Also i do not have a 400ex flywheel puller, can i get away with using a balancer puller to get the assembly off?
Yes, you can use a ballancer puller, just unbolt the starter clutch (big allenhead bolts inside the flywheel) and use those holes as your mounting points.

DVXracer
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by rubbersdown
Yes, you can use a ballancer puller, just unbolt the starter clutch (big allenhead bolts inside the flywheel) and use those holes as your mounting points.

How do i remove the big bolt in the middle so i can get the whole flywheel/gear assembly off?

rubbersdown
01-17-2011, 02:58 PM
If you use an impact you should be able to just hold it with your hand. Thats what I always do.

DVXracer
01-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by rubbersdown
If you use an impact you should be able to just hold it with your hand. Thats what I always do.

Alright i guess ill give that a try

EDIT: Is the bolt reverse thread or normal?

rubbersdown
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
I believe its a standard right hand thread.