PDA

View Full Version : oil ? out of top end weep hole?

PottersRacing22
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
whats it mean when oil is coming out the weep hole on the top end right side of the motor? i switched oils and now i have this prob whats going on any one know?

DnB_racing
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
what weep hole?? there are no weep holes.....

the only hole that I can think of is the drain hole on the plug chase, that goes through the head,,,,,check to see if plug is tight, and see what is dripping out, if its oil then the top seal around the plug chase is probably bad!!

desratt
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
there is a rubber ring that is replaced when you take the valve cover off. I just replaced mine yesterday

Troyer23J
02-20-2011, 10:12 AM
On the 06 I had oil was coming out there too. I replaced the top seal several times and it didn't fix anything, I also had NO oil in the plug chase. Turns out it was seeping through where the chase is pressed into the head. I had it pulled out, and pressed back in with sealer but it still didn't work. New head apparently was the only fix.

MOST of the time though the rubber seal on top will fix it.

nick15
02-20-2011, 12:23 PM
i had this same problem on my 08 turned out it was a cracked head

d3ktrix
02-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Most of the times its from a cracked head.
If its really oil that is.

A lot of the times its just dirt and gunk running from the spark plug area that people mistake for oil.

DEVINF450R
02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
i had this same problem. I am running a Titan Motorworks Head now and the old head is sitting on the workbench. mine was like that when I bought it. It was said that it did that after they got it back from Dasa and was told it was bc they had to pull out the plug tube and repress it in there for CNC Porting. I say just send your stuff to Titan Motorworks lol