PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Polaris Outlaw 450MXR

lucasms313
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
I bought a 2008 Polaris 450MXR back in Oct of 09 bought it new from my local Polaris dealer. Did my break in and probably didn't ride two or three hours total and the motor locked up. Was still under warranty when I took it back to the dealer to be repaired It has been with them for the last four months waiting on two gaskets that the needed to put the new motor together. And I was looking on the Polaris site and found out that they no longer have the 450 model in there line-up So my questions are:

1. Is there a problem with the 450 that would cause my motor to mess up that soon and is that why polaris discontinued the 450?
2. If polaris has discontinued the 450 how hard will it be to get parts for it in the future sense I am having so much trouble getting a simple gasket? (Asked my local dealer and they said they had no idea how hard it would be to get parts from this point on)
3. Should I get rid of my 450 after I get it back from the dealer with a fresh motor and go to a different make?

xtreme 250x
01-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Polaris isn't making the 2011 because they have so much inventory left over form 09-10. The 450 motor is the same motor as the 525 just a bigger jug and piston. Every company has one bikes that were not put together properly or a defective part thats why they have a warrenty. If your dealer is taking 4 months to get you gaskets you need to find a new dealer KTM has built and still building the rfs engine.

OutlawBill
01-17-2011, 06:32 AM
[i]

1. Is there a problem with the 450 that would cause my motor to mess up that soon and is that why polaris discontinued the 450?
2. If polaris has discontinued the 450 how hard will it be to get parts for it in the future sense I am having so much trouble getting a simple gasket? (Asked my local dealer and they said they had no idea how hard it would be to get parts from this point on)
3. Should I get rid of my 450 after I get it back from the dealer with a fresh motor and go to a different make? [/B]

1. No
2. do not look at Honda or Suzuki no 2011 sport quads
3. Why

lucasms313
01-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by xtreme 250x
Polaris isn't making the 2011 because they have so much inventory left over form 09-10. The 450 motor is the same motor as the 525 just a bigger jug and piston. Every company has one bikes that were not put together properly or a defective part thats why they have a warrenty. If your dealer is taking 4 months to get you gaskets you need to find a new dealer KTM has built and still building the rfs engine.

B/c if I am already having this much trouble with the quad with a little time as was on the motor and this much trouble getting parts from my local dealer (Next closest dealer is almost an hour and half away) I would rather have a quad that is still in production (i.e. DS450MX) so I do not miss any races seeing as how thats what pays the bills

OutlawBill
01-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by lucasms313
B/c if I am already having this much trouble with the quad with a little time as was on the motor and this much trouble getting parts from my local dealer (Next closest dealer is almost an hour and half away) I would rather have a quad that is still in production (i.e. DS450MX) so I do not miss any races seeing as how thats what pays the bills

sell the Polaris and get the DS and good luck

TheLane
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I personally love my outlaw, but unfortunately looking at the new yfz450r's per instance the quality of build is just uncomparable...look at em side by side youll see what i mean.

wannaride4
01-23-2011, 08:13 AM
As said before your 450 is the same motor as the 525 RFS, and these are great motors. Make me a smoken deal on your broke, discontinued, unreliable pile of junk, just the way it sits and I will find it a way to get it here. First thing I would do is put a 570 kit in it from Thumper Racing.