PDA

View Full Version : stewart cheating?

jmt450
01-16-2011, 01:22 AM
he didn't want to talk about the device on the rear rotor!

Zakradu398
01-16-2011, 08:24 AM
From what I understand it is some type of traction control.

Here's some info here about what went down,

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948970

99400esex
01-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Pretty interesting, I don't see how Bubba could need that though he's already fast enough

SRH
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
its prob not traction control but there prob getting readings to change the mapping to w/e is hooking up the best if i had to bet it wasnt on his bike in the main, traction control would activel keep the motor setup hooking up and its illegal

diangelo#67
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
when I was watching yesterday I knew this would be on here. Let put this in perspective give james a factory kx250 2-stroke an he would have still won plain an simple if hes on 2 wheels an doesn't crash he's gonna win. I didn't see it first hand all I saw was a carbon brake cover, Jeremy is pissed because his riders aren't faster an thats why they are in search of any other answers

skyeryder
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Don't think he has to cheat yet... If they were there for traction control which is illegal don't ya think they would have hid it better

chucked
01-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Its not traction control, and I would say its safe to bet he wouldnt have something so obviously visable if he was going to cheat,

diangelo#67
01-16-2011, 12:26 PM
exactly!!!!!
this isn't his first rodeo. He knows he is the spotlight
would never have had it so visible if it was

ProspectorJim
01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
you guys are giving james stewart and his team too much credit. If they think they can get any leg up on the competition they'll try it. This isn't like a couple years ago when it was a guaranteed JS7 win, he actually has challengers.

OutlawBill
01-16-2011, 01:15 PM
it just is a data logger with GPS. It let's the engineer know what JS7 bike is doing at any time and place on the track. ? is does it give the engineer real time readings and can the engineer make real time adjustment during the race?

FHKracingZ
01-16-2011, 02:51 PM
The 08 and newer ltr quads have a traction control system where it retards the timing when the ecm notices excessive wheel spin. This is nothing new. I believe they are using this system for tuning.

Canadian144
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
The 08 and newer ltr quads have a traction control system where it retards the timing when the ecm notices excessive wheel spin. This is nothing new. I believe they are using this system for tuning.

You sure about that (in terms of 08 and up LTRs)? I didn't notice any sensors or anything on my rear axle. I can do burnouts all the way up/down the gravel driveway at my farm without noticing anything out of the ordinary.

chucked
01-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Because it goes off engine rpm

chucked
01-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Look at the bottom paragraph
http://www.atvriders.com/atvreviews/suzuki2008ltr450quadraceratvpressintro.html

Canadian144
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Look at the bottom paragraph
http://www.atvriders.com/atvreviews/suzuki2008ltr450quadraceratvpressintro.html

Cool, thanks for sharing. You learn new things all the time!

rubbersdown
01-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
it just is a data logger with GPS. It let's the engineer know what JS7 bike is doing at any time and place on the track. ? is does it give the engineer real time readings and can the engineer make real time adjustment during the race?

It is obviously just some sort of data logger. Records wheel speeds and wheelspin and the techs look at the data and can adjust what they need to do via mapping, timing and different tires BEFORE THE MAIN. The thing is, when everyone was talking about it and they showed it it was during the practice and the photo shoot right after. When he lined up for the heat and the main IT WAS NOT on his bike anymore. There were 3 or 4 guys out on the track in practice that had the same exact thing on their bikes. ALL of them had it taken off during the actual races.
Per AMA rules not only is there no traction control allowed, you are not allowed to have any data logging devices on your bike during a race, only during practice. Hence the reason it was not on his or any of the other guys bikes during the actual race. Look at the main when hes lined up, they start talking about it and zoom in on his rear caliper and its gone, the camera man just focuses on the rubber grommet piece of his caliper because theres nothing else there anymore. They all took it off before the race via AMA rules.

SRH
01-16-2011, 10:10 PM
oh come on, whats stewart gotta do to prove to you haters there is not another guy on the track of his caliber?

villopoto is close but he will only push so far, stewart has alot on reserve

im not saying stewart is unbeatable, but give him some credit, the dude has more heart, more balls and more talent than anyone but pastrana...pastrana could of been a stewart if it wasnt for injury and lack of focus

ProspectorJim
01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by SRH
oh come on, whats stewart gotta do to prove to you haters there is not another guy on the track of his caliber?

villopoto is close but he will only push so far, stewart has alot on reserve

im not saying stewart is unbeatable, but give him some credit, the dude has more heart, more balls and more talent than anyone but pastrana...pastrana could of been a stewart if it wasnt for injury and lack of focus

He's also an extremely dirty racer and a cocky ******* as seen in bubba's world.

300ex_#387
01-16-2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/GET-has-received-more-advertisement,1185709?page=1

Larry Brooks explains what it is in this thread. These bikes have to pass inspection before they even race. If they do anything illegal it would be caught before the speed camera would even see it.

FHKracingZ
01-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Prospector if you seriouslly believe that is how he acts on the show you need your head checked. Its a reality show to get rating thats it..

quadrider2112
01-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Stewart is the baddest man on 2 wheels period. Barring injury he will reclaim his title.

Villopoto's time is coming and if James was to get injured he will take the #1 plate.

In my opinion this will be one of the best supercross season in a long time. The top 5 or 6 guys should be pretty tight. But what do i know im more of a 4 wheel guy.

ProspectorJim
01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Prospector if you seriouslly believe that is how he acts on the show you need your head checked. Its a reality show to get rating thats it..

Reality shines through in bits and pieces and you can really see that in Bubba's world. He honestly is cocky and a dirty rider.

440racer66
01-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Reality shines through in bits and pieces and you can really see that in Bubba's world. He honestly is cocky and a dirty rider.

but he wins.

Pappy
01-18-2011, 04:40 AM
I had to eat crow....

I was ragging on Stewart for going down in his heat race, then when Villipoto was on him during the main he did the same thing.

Stewart has more to offer then what he showed, but Villipoto has what it takes, he just needs an injury free year of shadowing Stewart. Like Ricky stated, get on his rear fender and rattle him!

SRH
01-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I had to eat crow....

I was ragging on Stewart for going down in his heat race, then when Villipoto was on him during the main he did the same thing.

Stewart has more to offer then what he showed, but Villipoto has what it takes, he just needs an injury free year of shadowing Stewart. Like Ricky stated, get on his rear fender and rattle him!

i gotta agree but he has to get on his back wheel at stewart and rc speed, not the pace they raced the other night

and stewart isnt really cocky hes just getting use to being in front of the camera he was accused of having no personality initially and just being a boring guy, his show has really changed that, i think its great, i dont really see him being cocky anywhere...stop hatin

Pappy
01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Couldnt tell ya Bill, I dont watch that crap on TV, could careless what he does off the track LOL!

xrxmxcx
01-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by jmt450
he didn't want to talk about the device on the rear rotor!

BECAUSE IT WASNT THERE IN ANY ACTUAL RACES!

..only practice.

:rolleyes:

atveric132
01-19-2011, 07:45 AM
i dont think its any type of traction control. at that level you would do anything to win but why take a chance on being docked points or whtever they would do. i would think its so they can get the maximum out of the bike as far as wheel speed and all that

xcrider
01-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Great Job Bubba. If it was illegal then he would have been DQ'd. there is nothing wrong with monitoring your bike's performance. I am just curious what changes would you make, different tire?
It would be illegal to adjust the timing on the fly or to use a traction control.

300exQuadracer
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx

..only practice.

:rolleyes:

it WAS on the bike in pheonix

ballzdeep38
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by xrxmxcx

..only practice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it WAS on the bike in pheonix

I believe what xrx is saying is that the device was on the bike in practice in Phoenix, but was off the bike during the heat race and the main. hence it WASNT on the bike in any actual races...