PDA

View Full Version : Speed Channel....ATV racing

MX_Racer_20
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
don't forget to watch tomorrow the 16th... on the edge.

atv racing from sikeston, mo

First show is 2:30 am (central time) right after super cross then again at 2:30 pm (central time).

KingpinsEx
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Was that the production C race? Cool seeing it on T.V. even if it was only 5min long! Where were the pros?

CJM
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Something must be wrong with the programming here. Instead of atv racing we had some kinda tribute to trans am racing..

MX_Racer_20
01-16-2011, 10:44 PM
i thought it sucked. only 5-10 mins long and was flat track. i thought it was gonna be mx.

yfzttracer76
01-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by MX_Racer_20
i thought it sucked. only 5-10 mins long and was flat track. i thought it was gonna be mx.

Whats wrong with tt?

Baracudaaa
01-17-2011, 08:28 AM
While its cool to see atv's on tv, I wish I had the 4 minutes of my life back that I wasted watching it.
Prod C class of a TT race??????? Probably the lamest of all possible venues to put on tv, once again it added to the myth that atv's are boring and for the less skilled. The reason I think its bad is that the general viewing public isnt going to realize that this is only the C class and only beginner racers.
Why wouldnt they show something to get peoples interests pumped up, like the Canadian SX Pro ATV race?????

Ex_Rider43
01-17-2011, 10:23 AM
I watched this year's Montreal supercross on TSN this weekend , and I was there too. Everyone agreed that the track was not good especially for quads , and it showed on TV . Some tracks are just boring to watch because they are too complicated even for wienen and Natalie , hopefully next years tracks will be better.

johnnyquad17
01-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I watched it and recorded it on all of my TV's (3). Why was it Production C racing?? I actually thought it was bad for the sport. Why not the pro's at least?

DEVINF450R
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
while I feel TT/Flattrack racing is fun to do, its like watching paint dry for the spectators.

Quinn4
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I have to agree that the atv "racing" on Speed was the lamest thing I've ever seen!!!

Members of this forum have posted better videos on you tube!!
That was a total waste of time and made atv racing look sooooo laaaaaame YAWN.

I don't get why they didn't put some GNCC racing or somthing.
There is footage of that everywhere.

C. Lindsey #18
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
While its cool to see atv's on tv, I wish I had the 4 minutes of my life back that I wasted watching it.
Prod C class of a TT race??????? Probably the lamest of all possible venues to put on tv, once again it added to the myth that atv's are boring and for the less skilled. The reason I think its bad is that the general viewing public isnt going to realize that this is only the C class and only beginner racers.
Why wouldnt they show something to get peoples interests pumped up, like the Canadian SX Pro ATV race?????

Well sorry that WE dont fit your standards there bud I was in Production C Class that was filmed, hmm lamest? Guess since you wasnt there made it lame didnt it? just so you know there are More Episodes coming on that include more classes & that have numerous riders who wore Go Pro Cam's for this race, and well until they apply & contract with speed I dont think youll see it on speed channel,..Versus channel has Gncc on most the time I turn it on JMO

still boring?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqaoyo_gGdg

440racer66
01-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by C. Lindsey #18

still boring?

thats about the only interesting thing about tt.

Pappy
01-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Ive said it before, and I will say it again.....ATV racing is a very hard form of racing to show on TV. Even in the videos from H-Bomb etc, capturing the speed and intensity is hard and difficult to pull off.

IMO, something along the format of what they did this summer with the MX series works best. They just need to drop the hype and let things play out. It is also hard to keep peoples interest when the top racers are not wheel to wheel and bar to bar. I even get bored when the riders are spread out, no matter the class. When the action is tight its exciting, and that goes for various forms of racing.

Baracudaaa
01-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by C. Lindsey #18

still boring?

Hhhmmm, yes. While an interesting crash, this racing is still not the most exciting thing to watch, especially on a national level.
I am not knocking you, or your racing skills, or TT racing, I am just saying that that race was probably interesting to watch if you were one of the 20 people in the race. Otherwise, its a time to get up and take a leak and grab a drink, maybe make a phone call before I sit down to watch 3 1/2 hours of AMA Super X. Remember dude, I am not knocking you, but in reality it looked like a bunch of weekenders out having spin around a parking lot. IF ATV riding is going to try and capture the interest of the rest of the national viewing public (minus the 20 guys in that race) it has to be more interesting and dramatic. If you were Joe Blow, & happened to run across the tv coverage of the Prod 'C' class TT race they showed, would you anxiously be looking at your tv guide for the next time it was airing????????

trick450r
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Ive said it before, and I will say it again.....ATV racing is a very hard form of racing to show on TV. Even in the videos from H-Bomb etc, capturing the speed and intensity is hard and difficult to pull off.

IMO, something along the format of what they did this summer with the MX series works best. They just need to drop the hype and let things play out. It is also hard to keep peoples interest when the top racers are not wheel to wheel and bar to bar. I even get bored when the riders are spread out, no matter the class. When the action is tight its exciting, and that goes for various forms of racing.

agreed, even the pros look like they're going slow. Gncc I think is a bit better because the extra obstacles (trees mainly) help to show the speed.