PDA

View Full Version : Question about water

youngatheart
01-15-2011, 01:16 PM
My 1991 250x seems to run fine until I splash through a puddle or even after I wash it off. ONce it dries up, it runs fine again. What is getting wet that causes it to run poorly?

dabomb_350x
01-15-2011, 05:36 PM
From my experience it the reverse light swith on the lower right side of the motor. It a issue on the 250X and the 300ex either you can unhook it or clean all the dirt and grime off around it and coat it with some good silicone.

youngatheart
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Thank you, I'll give it a look see. Since my reverse light doesn't work, what do I have to lose? Is it an electrical connection or a mechanical one? I'll have tollok it up on -line to get a mental picture. Who knows, It may start working again.

smr
01-18-2011, 07:17 AM
since you said splash through I'm assuming this is not really very deep and you most likely hit it fast then the motor starts to stuter just a little until everything clears up.

If it was deep water I would say look at the vent tube on the carb. If that tube drops under water it will cause this problem.

However from your post I am thinking it's most likely the steam. Are you running an airbox lid? If so do you have holes in it?

When you hit the water steam comes off the motor and robs the intake of air.