PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about these axles?

skippy1999
01-14-2011, 05:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-HONDA-TRX450R-TRX-450-AXLE-2-INCH-OVERSIZE-NEW-/250685677579?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5e07e00b

Ever hear of this brand?

reptikes
01-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Doesn't matter... DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

You get what you pay for;)

440ex. ehhh!!
01-16-2011, 09:20 AM
just pay an extra $20 for the Gforce axle

BlaineKaiser450
01-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
just pay an extra $20 for the Gforce axle My friend has had 2 G force axles that bent withing 15 minutes on the track. I have never heard of a problem with an RPM Dominator 2

440ex. ehhh!!
01-17-2011, 03:06 PM
:eek: WHHAATTT.
alright,. maybe he shouldnt get one then :p
ahahha

Josh

Trailie400
01-17-2011, 05:58 PM
My take on axles:

All axles will break and bend. Its about who will replace it for free (lifetime warranty) and how quick they do it.

I've seen Lonestar axles snap in half on jumps that barely left the ground, Ive seen RPM dominators snap twice in the same day. Ive seen durabreaks, I mean durablues snap.

I have owned Gforce axles for about 4-5 years now, I have snapped one of them, and bent 3 of them. But I will tell you all of them have been replaced in under a week for free thru rockymountain.

If you want the name, go with RPM, if you want a good axle for $200 go with the gforce.

flyboy62
01-17-2011, 06:51 PM
i got a Gforce axle. i bent it and sent it back to them and they sent me a brand new one. all i had to do is pay shipping one way

Dave400ex
01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
The RPM Dom 2 is without a doubt the best axle. It is pretty hard to bend or break one of those, but anything is possible. Lonestar has made some changes to their axles and now offer the "Pro" version.

Crazy lil punk
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
go g-force. Its under $200 and they will replace them time and time again in a timely manner.

Scro
01-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
go g-force. Its under $200 and they will replace them time and time again in a timely manner.

This may be alright for a regular trail rider. But if I drive 10+hours to a race and break/bend an axle within the first 15 minutes of the race, the warranty is not going to make me feel much better about the product.

sunco
01-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Scro - then you should have two of everything :D

My take is get what you can afford. If it works out thats great, if not try something else. We run the G-force. I think its partly the rider. Flyboy seems to pitch his bike the angle of the lander great. Me on the other hand, I'm happy just to make it over. He's bent one but he rides all the time. Its personal preference really. Good Luck in your search.
As far as if u need to return it this is what u do.

Just order a new one 1st (yes pay again) then RM pays for the free shipping. When u get the new one ,you now have a box to ship the old one back. when they recieve it they will give you your money back, just tell them u don't want it. Then u only pay shipping one way. Otherwise u have to find a box , pay $25 to ship it to them & pay another $25 to get the new one.

Flynbryan19
01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
The point Scro is making is that if you trash the axle your race is ruined. Warranty doesn't allow you to finish the race.

sunco
01-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah I get that - and if you suck you'll be last

Trailie400
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Scro
This may be alright for a regular trail rider. But if I drive 10+hours to a race and break/bend an axle within the first 15 minutes of the race, the warranty is not going to make me feel much better about the product.

True. I guess I forgot to mention I have two Gforce axles, one in the bike, and one sitting brand new in a box. Stuff happens when racing, always be prepared.

But I still say that when applied the wrong way, any force can and will break/bend any brand.

This past season was the hardest I probably pushed my g-force, and its still straight. It survived two nationals and many regional stuff.

Do as you wish.

Dave400ex
01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Scro

I agree 100% with this. The G Force may be just fine, but having an RPM and knowing it is the best is great peace of mind. Another issue with some Honda axles is the press on sprocket hub. I have had some wear out before, but never with a RPM Race hub, they are huge.

Scro
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I agree 100% with this. The G Force may be just fine, but having an RPM and knowing it is the best is great peace of mind. Another issue with some Honda axles is the press on sprocket hub. I have had some wear out before, but never with a RPM Race hub, they are huge.

I've had 2 or 3 LSR hubs loosen up on the axle. With the splines as big as they are on the RPM, I don't think it's even possible.

racerx573
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I ran the same Dominator I axle on my 250R's/hybrids for 7 years. I only bent one.. and that was at Gatorback ATV Olympics from hitting the finish line 4th pinned on my 310 and landed flat on one wheel because I got kicked sideways, and it cartwheeled 20 yards.. Bent it 1/4".. serious racer RPM.. nuff said... trail rider/budget or new racer.. G-force.. the faster you get the harder you ride, the more stuff you break.. but I also found that the faster you get the smoother you get.. so it kind of evens out...

racerx573
01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
But who knows that smaller company may be the next up and comer.. only one way to find out... also Team Axles are sick..

nwi45
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
You get what you pay for. I have peace of mind with a good axle that I'm not going to get hurt. I don't know how many of you have broken an axle over a good sized jump 70+ feet, but that is not a fun landing.