PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse Z-start For Sale

SHIFTx450
01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Rekluse Z-Start - came out of my hybrid motor 06 CRF450R

Complete kit setup for positive engagement, low RPM. Selling because it's not for me. Works pretty cool though, you'll be used to it after 1 ride. Includes all steel plates, top plate, pressure plate, lower assembly, throw out spacer, necessary studs, screws, clutch cover spacer gasket, wave spring, all 30 balls, mounting shims, external adjuster and spring. Should fit the TRX? Do your research or call someone to verify. I'm pretty sure the crf and trx clutches are interchangeable. Make me an offer! These things are expensive new.. Email me for pics rsw450@gmail.com

DnB_racing
01-14-2011, 06:13 PM
what didnt you like about it?? whats it like??? Im interested but I really dont know enough about them yet

fomospede
01-14-2011, 06:56 PM
the trx and crf are not the same do your homework
trx junkie

DnB_racing
01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
trx junkie are you sure you cant use the crf??? I know its a 8 disc with no judder spring, and the trx only has the seven disc but with whole crf clutch and possibly a larger capacity cover ,what are the issues??

snacob14
01-14-2011, 08:44 PM
one of my good racing buddies runs a crf rekluse

SHIFTx450
01-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
what didnt you like about it?? whats it like??? Im interested but I really dont know enough about them yet

I rode it for about 5 hours in the woods, some free riding, some hill climbs and it was pretty cool. You can be in gear, at a dead stop, and the bike won't stall. I could even start my bike in gear. The bike won't stall for clutching reasons. Mine did due to my jetting being wrong and too rich and was flooding out, and I couldn't pop start it. You can't pop start your bike with this so make sure your jetting is pretty good and/or you have an ER. Mine was a b*tch to start due to being extremely rich. Needless to say I got the jetting dialed in and no more problems. But it's cool man, just not for me. It does slip a little but it's normal. Something else which I found awkward was this kit in particular eliminates the clutch lever and cable. I have heard you can buy an attachment to allow use of a lever override, but I don't find it necessary. It comes with a little adjuster and spring that goes in place of the cable.

SHIFTx450
01-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
trx junkie

Why don't you do your homework and pay attention while you read? I said I wasn't sure and to do your own homework. On the other hand I am quite positive that the crf clutches are interchangeable, and perform better. You just have to remove the judder spring, install the crf kit, adjust it properly and you're good to go. You'll also wind up using one more fiber plate and steel plate.

Read this as well:

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/94-suspension-chassis-drivetrain/155065-doing-clutch-mod.html

SHIFTx450
01-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Here's the link for reference purpose of the exact model I have:

http://rekluse.com/Honda_CRF450R_191-213.pdf

fomospede
01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
Why don't you do your homework and pay attention while you read? I said I wasn't sure and to do your own homework. On the other hand I am quite positive that the crf clutches are interchangeable, and perform better. You just have to remove the judder spring, install the crf kit, adjust it properly and you're good to go. You'll also wind up using one more fiber plate and steel plate.

Read this as well:

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/94-suspension-chassis-drivetrain/155065-doing-clutch-mod.html

i had read it
and with the added drag and weight of the trx they are different
i have seen this fail personally
for the cost of them i would buy the correct fitment
Rekluse shows it as a different part# for the trx

MAYBE just MAYBE they know!

DUDE sell it on a CRF forum and dont risk sending someone something you have no clue will work

you will get your$ and no one will feel shaded if and when it doesnt work!

just common sense pal