PDA

View Full Version : stock headlight and hood...near mint.

trx293pv
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I just bought a huge pile of r parts and stacked them all in the truck in a hurry before the guy changed his mind. When I got home I found a hood that looks like it was mint before I stacked it in the truck with everything else. it is still very close to mint condition, I also found the headlight that goes with it. It is also very close to mint. These are OEM pieces. I have no interest in them but I'm sure someone does.

My question is: How much does this kind of thing normally go for?

troybilt
01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by trx293pv
I just bought a huge pile of r parts and stacked them all in the truck in a hurry before the guy changed his mind. When I got home I found a hood that looks like it was mint before I stacked it in the truck with everything else. it is still very close to mint condition, I also found the headlight that goes with it. It is also very close to mint. These are OEM pieces. I have no interest in them but I'm sure someone does.

My question is: How much does this kind of thing normally go for?

What year? 88 or 89 (i.e. red or white)? I've seen them go for $200 to $500 depending on condition and whether someone really wants it or not... the 88's tend to bring more than the 89's...

trx293pv
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
this one's red. I got a lot of sweet stuff with this deal so I'm thinking about putting up an ebay store. I got a buddy who wants some of it but he tried to pull some jew bs on me the other night so I think I'll let him find his own parts. I usually think it's funny til he tried it on me. ha ha

DnB_racing
01-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
What year? 88 or 89 (i.e. red or white)? I've seen them go for $200 to $500 depending on condition and whether someone really wants it or not... the 88's tend to bring more than the 89's... I personally feel that anyone trying to get $500 for $20 worth of plastic, is just putting another nail in the coffin on the days of the 250r competing!! no one is going to use the 250s when parts are more then the quad is worth!!
Its a shame the days are numbered for seeing them lined up at the start line, they will be to expensive to fix!!! and will be garage queens,

if your going to collect then collect coins or stamps, not something that's supposed to get dirty( Im not saying this is what 250 owners do)I hope!!

Just my rant and opinion for the day

J250r
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I personally feel that anyone trying to get $500 for $20 worth of plastic, is just putting another nail in the coffin on the days of the 250r competing!! no one is going to use the 250s when parts are more then the quad is worth!!
Its a shame the days are numbered for seeing them lined up at the start line, they will be to expensive to fix!!! and will be garage queens,

if your going to collect then collect coins or stamps, not something that's supposed to get dirty( Im not saying this is what 250 owners do)I hope!!

Just my rant and opinion for the day

That's not necessarily true, because there is still cheap aftermarket plastic available. I think most people would consider OEM plastic a collectors item now.

Rich250RRacer
01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by J250r
That's not necessarily true, because there is still cheap aftermarket plastic available. I think most people would consider OEM plastic a collectors item now.

I consider it a collectors item. That's why my two complete sets of NOS red will not get put on any of my quads.

DnB_racing
01-14-2011, 08:53 PM
its not just the plastics, its cases, gears, just too many items are getting hard to get, so obviously they are more expensive!!

and as such I know I dont want to brake my 250,
id rather put the 450 out there to take the abuse, its a downward spiral, and the 250r is at the short end,
they will be used less and because of that, less companies will be willing to make the aftermarket parts, for a machine that doesn't have the market any more.

all around they are getting more expensive to run, and that my friends is a shame!!!!