PDA

View Full Version : electric preasure washer

y-man
01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
hey guys i wanna get a preasure washer to wash my quad with and dont wanna spend a lot. was wondering how are the electric ones thanks

CJM
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
I have a 1300 psi karcher one I used to wash my truck and atv, works great actually. Only pain is hooking up the electric and water-gas is easier. But its doable.

Anyone of the washers are fine, its only a quad your not looking to blast dirt off the sidewalk or something.

y-man
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
thats exactly wut i was thinking im just washing my quad so dont need a gas one or expensive one

CJM
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
I got mine for 60 bucks at walmart, but I think it was a mistake cause it was marked for 90 but rang lower. I ran off with it lol.

y-man
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
haha i would have ran out to. i found one at menards on sale for 60 to it was blue i forgot wut brand it was

CJM
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
probably campbell hausfeld, good stuff tho my buddy has one of them.

y-man
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
was originally 100 but on sale for 60 the 1600 psi one

CJM
01-13-2011, 10:24 PM
nice, nab it before they are gone :)

y-man
01-13-2011, 10:35 PM
haha think im gonna

440racer66
01-13-2011, 10:39 PM
i liked mine it did the job and it wasnt too strong but strong enough to blast the dirt off. i liked too for when i ran the nats i could stow that lil thing away and not have it in the way

y-man
01-13-2011, 10:42 PM
wut brand did u have and wut psi

440racer66
01-13-2011, 10:45 PM
the thing crapped out on me about a year ago and i cant remeber the specs but it was a very cheap one

y-man
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
haha alright

slightlybent47
01-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Here’s a tip for washing the quad.
Get a gallon of simple green and a one gallon pump sprayer. Put the simple green in the sprayer and after you wash off the big stuff and while it still wet, spray the whole quad down with the simple green. Wait a few minuets and the hose off. Even with just a regular hose and spray nozzle it will clean it great. So small electric washer and the simple green should do a great job on it and a big washer is over kill for just washing the quad anyway. You should be able to wash the quad 3-4 times with a gallon of simple green. I have found that the only place I need the pressure washer is around the chain and sprocket area.

finsteratv
01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slightlybent47
Here’s a tip for washing the quad.
Get a gallon of simple green and a one gallon pump sprayer. Put the simple green in the sprayer and after you wash off the big stuff and while it still wet, spray the whole quad down with the simple green. Wait a few minuets and the hose off. Even with just a regular hose and spray nozzle it will clean it great. So small electric washer and the simple green should do a great job on it and a big washer is over kill for just washing the quad anyway. You should be able to wash the quad 3-4 times with a gallon of simple green. I have found that the only place I need the pressure washer is around the chain and sprocket area. [/QUOTE
SIMPLE GREEN! buddies use it one dirtbikes and i do on the whole familys quads. i only handwash mine though. no pressure washer here.dad always said you get water in the wrong places but is that really true?

CJM
01-13-2011, 11:37 PM
If the quad can roll thus mud and water Im sure pressure washing its fine.

I use simple green too, love that stuff.

slightlybent47
01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
A pressure washer is fine just remember not to get to close to the areas that have seals. You just want to get close enough to clean the dirt but not inject water and dirt into those places, and you want to watch the graphics as well. You just have to be careful and not get to aggressive with it. So a small electric power washer should do just fine for washing a quad. It’s not like your trying to cut through 10 years of baked on crud on an old v 8.
Like I said earlier the only place I really need it is around the chain and sprocket area. And I don’t need to do that every time, just every now and then when the gunk starts to say stuck. The simple green and garden hose dose a good job on every thing else. The key is washing it after you ride it every time.

You’re not done riding till your bike is clean! http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-11718.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

NacsMXer
01-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by CJM
I have a 1300 psi karcher one I used to wash my truck and atv, works great actually. Only pain is hooking up the electric and water-gas is easier. But its doable.

Anyone of the washers are fine, its only a quad your not looking to blast dirt off the sidewalk or something.

I have the same one it's a nice unit. SUPER powerful it'll make chips in blacktop if you get too close lol. I use it when the quad gets really muddy to blast the big stuff off, and scrub the tires and what not. I do a rough job with the pressure washer from a good distance then follow it up with a regular hose and bucket wash. I like the fact that you don't have to gas it up and it doesn't make constant engine noise.

99_300ex
01-15-2011, 11:03 AM
We had an electric one that lasted a good 6 years don't remember what brand or psi it was but I'm gonna be in the market for another electric one cause they are cheaper to buy and operate so overall probably just as good as a gas but that's jusr my .02

CJM
01-15-2011, 02:00 PM
FWIW you will never get an electric off the shelf store pressure washer to out perform a good gas washer.

My gas one has 3200 psi vs the electric thats less than half of that.

99_300ex
01-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Cjm I agree with you but he said he Just needs it basically for the quad and unless its real dirty an electric should do the trick.

TheLane
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
now just saying, unless its caked on oil, you dont even really need a high pressure washer. I have one of those 20$ pressure washer nozzles (not just the little sprayer, it pretty much just turns it into a fine pressurized fan) and it works JUST fine to get everything off and i dont have to be AS careful with how close i get. it has cleaned every type of mud and gunk off that i can imagine for 20$:devil:

CJM
01-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 99_300ex
Cjm I agree with you but he said he Just needs it basically for the quad and unless its real dirty an electric should do the trick.
Got ya, I misunderstood what you were saying.