PDA

View Full Version : What kind of rebound are you mx guys using?

TheLane
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Im a super light guy and trying to figure out my rebound setting with little luck. i weigh 125. What are most of you mx guys using?

trailrider894
01-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
Im a super light guy and trying to figure out my rebound setting with little luck. i weigh 125. What are most of you mx guys using?

well... i used to weigh 145 until i got some health issues and now i'm down to 135. Anyhow... You'll most likely need to get your schocks re-valved, because the rebound settings won't be very accurate to your needs since your so light.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-14-2011, 10:00 AM
if you are talking about the rear shock you may need to have it resprung the stock spring rate is to stiff for you which affects the rebound dampening which inturn means the stock adjuster doesn'nt have the correct effect for you. If you are talking about the fronts you will haveto have the rebound internally altered since there isn't an external adjuster.

fearlessfred
01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
if you are talking about the rear shock you may need to have it resprung the stock spring rate is to stiff for you which affects the rebound dampening which inturn means the stock adjuster doesn'nt have the correct effect for you. If you are talking about the fronts you will haveto have the rebound internally altered since there isn't an external adjuster. listen to this advice. to make your suspension the best it can , having the correct springs is the starting point. if u would like an explaination on why , i can tell you

TheLane
01-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Ah so it sounds like even if i set the rebound to the softest setting without respringing it, it would still be too hard?

hontrx265r
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Try not to think of rebound in a soft and hard sense.. Try to think of it like fast and slow. More dampening slower... less dampening faster... If your spring rate is too much for you the rebound will probably be too fast. Because the shock does not have enough dampening to slow down the spring force. Hopefully that makes sense for you. If you need any help I see your in phoenix, you can pm me and I'll help you get setup.

fearlessfred
01-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
Try not to think of rebound in a soft and hard sense.. Try to think of it like fast and slow. More dampening slower... less dampening faster... If your spring rate is too much for you the rebound will probably be too fast. Because the shock does not have enough dampening to slow down the spring force. Hopefully that makes sense for you. If you need any help I see your in phoenix, you can pm me and I'll help you get setup.
one thing i might add to that is,when you run your adjuster all the way in (slower rebound) you are also adding more compression dampening ,compounding the spring being to stiff making the bike a pogo stick. the effects that the rebound adjuster has on the compression dampening is slight ,but worth mentioning in your case.i never new how good a proffessionaly set up suspension could work until i bought nic grunlands setup off his cannondale and man did it work well