PDA

View Full Version : how to start in gear?

number12
01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Are there some wires I need to splice so i can start in gear? of course i want to be pulling the clutch. I just want my son to be able to restart without going to nuetral, if he stalls off the gate.

manco47
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
The 2 wires coming out of the clutch handle, trace them down, you should find two butt stacons disconnect them and put the 2 coming up from the harness together. Thats it, you can remove the ones from the handle or keep it there for future use if selling it.

number12
02-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks Manco. That seems to make it where I don't have to pull the clutch in when in neutral. But, when I have it in gear, it won't start regardless of the clutch position. Is there a neutral safety switch as well.

CreoRacing
02-05-2011, 09:16 AM
#12, What year is your Raptor 250? Our 08, all stock wiring, will start in any gear as long as the clutch is pulled. If yours is newer, maybe they added a neutral saftey switch, but I doubt it.(although it does start in neutral without the clutch pulled so maybe it is not seeing the clutch engaged signal at all)
Not sure what problem you have going on?

number12
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
mine is an 08. Maybe I need to reconnect the clutch wires to see if it makes any difference. When I first got this thing, about a year ago, i did the wiring change mentioned above. I was thinking that, at some time last year, we could start it in any gear with the clutch in, and in neutral, with or with out the clutch pulled. Now, it will only start in neutral, regardless of clutch position. Any other ideas??

Thanks

QuadJunkies
02-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by number12
mine is an 08. Maybe I need to reconnect the clutch wires to see if it makes any difference. When I first got this thing, about a year ago, i did the wiring change mentioned above. I was thinking that, at some time last year, we could start it in any gear with the clutch in, and in neutral, with or with out the clutch pulled. Now, it will only start in neutral, regardless of clutch position. Any other ideas??

Thanks

We had this issue with our 08 as well. Ill ask my Husband what he had to do to fix the problem and let you know ;)