PDA

View Full Version : 2011 ATVA MX Rules???

859davidt
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Has anyone heard of any changes in the rules for 2011? They are typically posted in December if there are any. The only thing I have heard so far was the 5 year rule on quads for Pros has been dropped.

SRH
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 859davidt
Has anyone heard of any changes in the rules for 2011? They are typically posted in December if there are any. The only thing I have heard so far was the 5 year rule on quads for Pros has been dropped.

what about the production rule?

859davidt
01-13-2011, 07:11 PM
That's one i've been waiting to see as well! I just know that the bike can be older than 5 yrs for pro now. So if they want to run the 04/05 Honda or other brands ( Honda = just an example) they can. Thats all I know for now.

K-Dub
01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
If they dropped the 5 year rule wouldn't that allow you to run a stocked frame 250R?

jigg14
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
If they dropped the 5 year rule wouldn't that allow you to run a stocked frame 250R?
Sure if you want to run it with the 250r motor in it. The frame and motor cases must match.

SRH
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM
thats so gay, the factories just prey off of the racers and **** on the companies who have kept the sport going

MX450
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I remember somebody saying the pros were gonna race on saturday instead of sunday, does anyone know if that true?

01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MX450
I remember somebody saying the pros were gonna race on saturday instead of sunday, does anyone know if that true?

That is true, the pro's will be racing saturday along with the pro-am production racers. than ladies and pro-am unlimited will be racing on sunday.

And im not 100% sure but i was also told that the Pro riders can race in the pro-am unlimited class sunday. but i think that was still up in the air. we will see in a few weeks i guess.

Pappy
01-14-2011, 04:48 AM
Im kind of happy about the saturday format. There are many times when having to shoot just that 1 day will be quite helpful and might allow us to do some other work at another event while in the area. It also should help draw in (hopefully, fingers and toes crossed) some spectators and saturday does fit better for alot of people.

RATPACK Z400
01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
will that give Pro,s a better track(freshly groomed) since they race first, then everybody else on sunday?I just heard in past seasons the tracks arent groomed and pretty bad condition for pro,s to race on.

Ellingsoc26
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
The sat sounds dumb to me really because then the rest of us are sitting around on sunday with nothing to look forward to i liked having the pros on sunday they should end the weekend not start it off

THARNESS
01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
will that give Pro,s a better track(freshly groomed) since they race first, then everybody else on sunday?I just heard in past seasons the tracks arent groomed and pretty bad condition for pro,s to race on.

You heard wrong. They stop the entire show and prep the tracks for the pro's. All 15 of them. While the other 700 riders are put on hold. Then after the pros are finished racing and then doing all of thier interviews on the podium the other 700 are allowed to go back to racing on a track that the pro's tore up in a thier 25 minute race.

Latemodel32
01-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm just wondering if with this new format if you have to buy a 2 day pass now?Or will they give you half the money back? We goto watch the pro's at Red Bud no reason to be there sunday now

josborn
01-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Yeah, nothing worse than being on the fence in staging potentially right before a Pro moto. Espcially in the dead of summer. It seems like an eternity before you finally race.

jerkyboy
01-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by josborn
Yeah, nothing worse than being on the fence in staging potentially right before a Pro moto. Espcially in the dead of summer. It seems like an eternity before you finally race.

This happens anyway Sat or Sun we have watched many races from staging. Its not only the pro races but the pro am also.
I think it was last year in Virginia they pulled one class off the gate so they could run the pro am moto then the pro's followed.
I think we sat in staging for 2hrs.

mx3mom
01-15-2011, 09:23 AM
The only thing I have heard is there aren't any technical changes in the rules, and that the Pros will run on Saturday with Pro-Am running on Sunday. The pros can drop back down and run pro-am also.

jasonjonesjj
01-15-2011, 09:45 AM
so the pros can run pro-am AND pro? not sure if i like that idea. that will take all of the excitement out of watching the pro-am race.

trompen542
01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
That sounds backwards to me, the pro-ams should be able to try to qualify for pro, at each race, not the pro's running the pro-am. what would the pro-am's reason for showing up, all of their spots would be taken by the pro's

mx3mom
01-15-2011, 06:12 PM
It's not what I would choose to do either. Because the Pro-Am gate is always over filled with at least 32-50 riders anyway. It seems to me that it would make more sense to try to fill the Pro gate instead. I guess its not for me to understand.

diangelo#67
01-16-2011, 12:23 PM
well if you guys remember thats what PRO-AM was. pros racing with am's.....nobody seems to remember that these days

catch22blaster
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
well if you guys remember thats what PRO-AM was. pros racing with am's.....nobody seems to remember that these days

I remember them days man back when I was younger in 03 04, an thats how the class used to be. It was always cool to see what pro am riders could beat the pros made it interesting to watch. Pro am production is were the spot light is at anyways thats the class that counts to go pro, not unlimited

diangelo#67
01-16-2011, 08:58 PM
I thought so too that was where I saw kory ellis debut the YFZ an the LTZ an he won pro-am and pro at mt.morris each of those years, totally awesome