PDA

View Full Version : insomnia

blaster12s
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
so who here has it??

fastredrider44
01-13-2011, 08:34 AM
If that's the term for not being able to sleep, I got it.

blaster12s
01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
yes, yes it is. no idea what causes mine, but shoot ever sense the race season has ended ive gotten maybe 2hrs of sleep a night.

fastredrider44
01-13-2011, 10:54 AM
I limit my caffeine and try to wear myself out physically during the day. Sometimes a few cold ones at supper will help too. I usually am alright as long as I get 3 hrs a night. Any less than that, and I'm tired throughout the day and cranky. If it is really affecting you, several Hospitals offer sleep studies to try to figure out what's wrong. Just a thought. I usually get one 6-7 hour night a week. If I go to bed too early, I will end up waking up too early. 4 hrs a night is my average.:rolleyes:

PhilMoore
01-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Watch the Machinist

honda400ex2003
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
i have it for a week or two at a time then i finally start to sleep good. I get alot of stuff on my mind some weeks and just sleep terrible.

steve

rubbersdown
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I have it BIG TIME. I sleep 3-4 hours a night at most. And thats IF I take 4-5 melatonin (sleeping pills) If I dont take anything, I will literally go days without sleeping. Its no good. Itll make you crazy

tbrackman84
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM
i get it bad at college, but i started lifting everyday and running, that'll make you sleep at night! And try to read a book for like 30 minutes and then shut the light off and lay down, that helps me too!

buck440
01-16-2011, 06:42 AM
i sure as hell do. i suffer from sadomasichism...non sexual type, ptsd, depression, sleep apnea, plus if i hear a mouse fart on the other side of the house im awake because im a light sleeper. i just take a hand full of benadryl and or some jack and it helps.

99400esex
01-16-2011, 08:51 AM
I sometimes have it, especially when the seasons change and it gets really hot in the summer. Sometimes I wont be able to sleep all night due to the heat.

honda400ex2003
01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
ill probably be trying some sleeping pills this week.... i get super anxious and antsy at night and want to go outside and work on stuff to keep my mind busy instead of wandering all over and thinking about too many things.

steve

slightlybent47
01-16-2011, 03:35 PM
For me getting to sleep is no problem, staying asleep is another story.

CJM
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I wish I could sleep well. Ive trained my body over the years to need between 2-6 hours of sleep at most. I cant fall asleep unless Im really tired or sit there for hours trying to do so.

I wouldnt call it insomnia (BTDT tho) but closer to just not needed the sleep the so called "experts" claim.

honda400ex2003
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
x2 lol i dont have insomnia but just have trouble sleeping sometimes. it was a rough week this past thus the bad sleeping. had alot of unresolved lose ends to deal with mentally this week with classes starting and other things i wanted to try to work out and finish up.

steve

250x_kyle
01-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
ill probably be trying some sleeping pills this week.... i get super anxious and antsy at night and want to go outside and work on stuff to keep my mind busy instead of wandering all over and thinking about too many things.

steve

im the same way. i just dont take sleep aid because i have strange dreams when i do. i just try to keeep a project sitting around or i can sit down and work on school work. semester doesnt start till tues but i can sit down some nights and do all my work for the week and then i have time for making money or whatever i please. but i have to keep busy. being on this site is the lasiest i get.

slightlybent47
01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
I tried one of those new sleep aids, (cant recall the name at the moment) ambian I think. and it put me to sleep fine but after about four hours I was up and full of energy. I found myself doing house work in the middle of the night.lol
Not to mention the strange dreams.
What always worked for me was a good old valium, it used to be easy to get but they won’t prescribe it any more, they all want to push the new stuff. There probably getting kick backs from the manufacture.

honda400ex2003
01-16-2011, 04:13 PM
lol yup, ive never taken any thing to see if it helps before but... my ma just bought some for me to try this week if i am having trouble again. I know 3-5 hours every night this past week was not real fun for trying to get anything accomplished later in the day.

I am the same with the school work. 1 or 2 days in a week, i sit down and get it all done and that keeps me organized. this week was the first back to school so it was the usual, finding out when i will have time to get it all done routine. this week will be better because i know what i have to do, how much the work load will be, and what needs to get done.

It will be a great week since i will get some time to ride again. I had my 800 at the shop for almost 3 days so i couldnt ride it or test anything with it. lol I rode my 700 for about 20 miles or so but didnt really get too crazy on it. it was more of a test run since it was the first time of the year i rode it more than up and down the driveway. lol I was hoping to take some of my friends riding this past week too but they werent really interested in going or doing anything else. that made it tough to want to do anything without thinking about the fun i could have had with them.

oh well its gonna be a great week! Im riding to school this week a couple of times.

Steve

250x_kyle
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
i already have my scheduel figured out to when i can work on stuff. i have to be unorganized to know where stuff is if that makes sense :huh. dosnt really bother me a good friend of mines the same way so if im still not tired after a bit of school work i just check and see if hes playing some xbox liver or something to relax for a half hour or so. nothing annoys people more then someone who can go to bet at 3 or later and be up no later then 8 and still be productive.

powermadd400ex
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I have it pretty bad. It started when I was staying up cramming for tests and never really got back into my regular sleeping habits.
I average about 3 to 4 hours of a night, regardless of how exhausted I am. I can function properly during the day with 4 hours of sleep, so I've came to terms with it. Maybe it will come in handy for my upcoming college years? But for now it's just finding something to occupy the time during the night. Thank you Xbox.

slightlybent47
01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
You youngsters, why are you having trouble sleeping? When I was a teenager I could sleep 20 hours a day.lol
Just wait till you have bills, kids and a job to worry about.lol

honda400ex2003
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
it will really be bad...

i worry about alot of stuff now as it is. probably alot of stuff that i shouldnt worry about either but do.

steve

MO-EX-RIDER
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
i worry about alot of stuff now as it is. probably alot of stuff that i shouldnt worry about either but do.
steve

you have to let the samll stuff go and most of it is small stuff, I have been a 8-10 hour a night sleeper for my 29 years up until xmas eve. I have a tough 50+ hour a week job that puts a lot on me and with the holidays and a few other financial situations that hit me in December have taken a toll....I woke up out of my sleep what felt like a heart attack and had an anxiety/panic attack and since then the docs have yet to get me back to 1 good night sleep. I feel like a zombie and you lose part of your mind when something like this happens. So the 3-4 hours total sleep i toss and turn thru everynight are horrible and I hope to find the old me soooon, but I try to stay positive because I still have a breath,,so i guess im a insomniac for now:D

250x_kyle
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
You youngsters, why are you having trouble sleeping? When I was a teenager I could sleep 20 hours a day.lol
Just wait till you have bills, kids and a job to worry about.lol

job school and bills. works flexible at the momment but had alot go on in the past few months. plus ive never really slept great according to my parents lol.

honda400ex2003
01-16-2011, 09:25 PM
i just like to stay super organized most of the time so it is hard to not think of things i have to do.

this week will be better for sure, i got home for the weekend and got to relax for all of it. I started to grow attached to school and needed to get out of that thought and feeling. i like to keep my home seperate from school, school is a place like work sort of. I like to do things at school but I was starting to get a bit overboard i think with wanting to be outside all the time. It started to affect me because of this. I was getting super anxious and wanting to go outside and clean snow or something constantly.

A good example is tonight. I just got back to school 20 minutes ago. I already have my 2 snowmobiles cleaned off, all 4 of the girls cars cleaned off from next door, and started to shovel around the trailer and snowmobiles. Why... I dont know. I just wanted to have it cleaned before bed i suppose. I keep those 4 girls cars cleaner than my own. Why... I dont know. I worry about when they get home, why... Im not sure. It probably sounds weird and probably is. i dont really know any of them but look at them as friends of mine. We share the same duplex and such so why not help them out when i can. The problem has started to become that i want to help them too much i think. This is why i am up at all hours of the night. I watch to see if it is snowing and stuff like that so I know if i should get up before they do so i can clean their cars off before they leave for work and school. i have to quit doing that... Im just not sure how to, it sort of like a way of expressing myself toward them and showing them that they are my friends. i dont have many so the ones i do have i treat well and respect greatly. if they see it that way is a different story i suppose but beside the point.

this is my problem. I worry about others too much and want to make sure i try to make their lives better. I know one thing, im not going to keep getting up and cleaning their cars off when it snows. I did that over break but now i am in the habit and its hard to break the habit after a month of doing it every day because i could come back in the house and go to bed again after i was done. Now i cant since i have to go to school, so I am up early and up late.

off to try to go to sleep possibly. I have MLK jr day off tomorrow. Time to get up and wrench on the sled to see how much faster i can get it tomorrow. :devil: as if 100 when geared down isnt fast enough. lol

steve

fastredrider44
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm not quite a youngster anymore, but still young. I'm not sure what my deal is. It's not thoughts that wake me, I just can't sleep. Sometimes I'll go to bed at a decent hour, and snap awake and not be able to go back to sleep. Other times, my feet will get jittery, and that will keep me awake. Why? I don't know. And I can't take a nap in the middle of the day. Never have been able to.

Thumpin440ex
01-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Yep, Sucks.. I find myself getting to sleep later and later.. Lucky to get 5-6 hours a sleep...

John

rubbersdown
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
funny true story and I swear on my fathers grave this really happened...mini side story first...my wifes grandma is schizophrenic and will literally go 5-7 days without sleeping and has to be hospitalized for it, well she is on the most hard core sleeping pills available, like seriously hard core, when a normal person takes ONE they can literally sleep for 24 straight hours. OK on to my story...so I wreck my bike one day and just tweak my back god awful. Well the next day my wife wants to go furniture shopping and i say ok fine but give me a couple Tylenol 3's to get me threw the day. So she gives me 2 pills she THINKS are tylenol 3's. Well wrong bottle, she gave me 2 of her grandmothers sleeping pills. They kick in when were at the furniture store and I am TRIPPING BALLS, I was hallucinating BAD and thought that I was in some crazy jungle and I was running around the store playing with these invisible monkeys and just laughing my *** off. The salesmen though I was INSANE and asked me and my wife to leave but she promised the guy she would buy something and he just kinda rolled with it and said ok. My wife took advantage of me being HIGH AS HELL and literally talked me into buying $3,000 worth of couches and a dining room set. After 2 hours of playing with invisible monkeys and draining my bank account on couches im not so much tripping anymore as I am just super tired. So after we leave she thinks it would be a good idea go get some food in me so we go to applebees. Well I had called my friend earlier to come eat with us cause we were supposed to go look at street bikes after but I didnt make it. The pills kicked in full force and i literally passed out on the table at applebees and my friend literally had to carry me out of applebees and put me in the car. I proceeded to sleep for 18hrs straight. 12 of which was in the car because my 5'6" 115lb wife couldnt carry my 6' tall 220lb *** to the bedroom so she left me in the car till I woke up, stumbled to the bedroom in the middle of the night and immediately crashed back out. Best sleep I ever got lol.

CJM
01-16-2011, 10:27 PM
ROFLMAO Rubbers..that ones good!

Pipeless416
01-17-2011, 10:40 PM
last year was horrible for me. my ex girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) studied abroad in england so there was a 6 hour time difference. well guess what that meant for me... i stayed up till about 3 to talk to her every night.. finally was in bed at like 5, and i had class at 8 every morning. that was horrible. everything suffered until i finally went home for the summer and started my job again. starting at 7 am and doing hard labor all day will put you to bed real quickly at night :p . i do okay now.. usually in bed sleeping by 1-1:30 and i was smart with my classes.. noon on MWF and 10 on TR.

Pappy
01-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Lack of sex....why do you think jerking off is so popular:eek: :blah:

CJM
01-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Lack of sex....why do you think jerking off is so popular:eek: :blah:

lol Pappy..

honda400ex2003
01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
x2 hard to find in the middle of no where. actually houghton is 2 miles past the end of the earth according to the sign. lol

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8199/endofearthfn7.jpg

houghton... where the men are men and so are the women. lol

I have been sleeping better the past few nights though. I got to go home for the weekend and relax, then got most of my stuff done for the week yesterday.
now imm just waiting to hear back from everyone on meetings and such.

steve