PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd Racing School, who's interested?

motox_rider695
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Alright well I got a chance to talk to the Joe Byrd racing school and they would come up in the North East if I can get 10-15 riders. This is definitely something that I'd be interested in doing and would love to get enough people to go to get this opportunity.

So who would be interested in going?

Price would be $500 for the 2 days.

Don't miss this chance, this is Joe Byrd actually coming to help you with starts, passing, jumps, whoops, braking, turns, bike setup, and diet and nutrition.

there are only limited number of spots, and are filling up quick. please let me know if you are interested

88redrocket
01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Sign Me Up! I really wanna learn this move

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g0d8SajjSCw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g0d8SajjSCw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Brad77
01-12-2011, 07:26 PM
bwahahahaha
Yeah looks just like an episode of quad wars !
I still laugh when he runs over the tough blocks.

blaster99
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
haha I actually attended the last north east Joe Byrd school and as we were learning block passes, someone brought up, "oh, and if it doesn't work, you can turn around and slap them in the face right?" haha I don't think he appreciated that one much.

But the school is great. I learned quite a bit from it.

426kidz
01-12-2011, 11:59 PM
500 dollars. hmmmm...Nice powdercoat, nerf bars, ridding gear, shocks and the list goes on. Waste of money, hundred bucks maybe if you catch me on a good day!hahaha:cool:

ALAMX37
01-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Hate to say it but its really not worth the money.
I will break down the top few things I took away from the school.

1. Proper passing techniques that rarely work. I see nothing wrong with block passing, or even bump passing.

2. On practice days take a rubber cone. Pick a turn you want to pick up time in. Place the cone where you get off the gas and get ready to turn. No try to go a little further before lifting and place the cone there, until you feel like you cant go any deeper and pick another turn.

3. Focus on bike control, and body language. Riding with one finger on clutch and brake at all times.

4. No need to sit on the nerfs while turning. Should never be more than one cheek on either side of the seat so that you are in position to handle any obstacles unforeseen.

That about sums up the depth of what I took from the school.

trailrider894
01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
One thing that it seems you guys aren't considering, is that an in-experienced racer is going to learn a ton from the school!!! Somebody who has already been racing in b-class will know most of it. Where at in the north-east?

motox_rider695
01-13-2011, 09:33 AM
regardless if your an a rider or a b rider, im sure that there are some stupid small things that you dont even think of that you may be able to pick up a couple seconds on the track.

I mean look at blaster99, he's an A rider in the NEATV series, and he said that he loved it and learned quite a bit. Imagine if a B or C rider were to show up.

not exactly sure on a location yet, waiting to here back from him to find out about a date so we can ask around different tracks.

Blaster99- where did you attend the school?

trailrider894
01-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by motox_rider695
regardless if your an a rider or a b rider, im sure that there are some stupid small things that you dont even think of that you may be able to pick up a couple seconds on the track.

Thanks for adding that!!!!!! Great point!!!

treake
01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Some of you might not know this but I'm pretty sure Dustin Wimmer attended one of Joe Byrd's schools.

blaster99
01-14-2011, 04:27 AM
Wimmer attend many Byrd schools. The school I went to was in Westfield Mass, at my practice track. I took about a second and a half off my lap time. Nothing substantial like most people.. but I know the track like the back of my hand, so I think a second and half is pretty decent.

scottproquad
01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
budds creek would be a great place for him to come teach at!! Id have to rent a quad to do that!!!