PDA

View Full Version : New Honda Comin Out IN AUS!?

400exredrider
02-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Heres a link of a Honda company in australia that says theres gonna be a TRX450 race quad comin out.....and from what heard its a very reliable source and a guy in australia said he has seen it......any way read the intro see what you think!....i hope its true:D http://www.hondashop.com.au/newsletter/newsletter.htm?Honda=78a7b7ecf98744b2a0ad66586a1e8 ced[/URL]

400EX_n_NC
02-12-2003, 05:58 PM
think its true man??? it just flat out said it was coming!!!

luvmyex
02-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Wonder why it didnt have a write up on it like the crf230????
Where in nc are you at dude?

400exredrider
02-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Me or him?? im not from NJ........................This is a companys Site In australia.........i dunno i hope its true.

250x#93
02-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Sounds good

DGR Designs
02-12-2003, 06:18 PM
bull****

400EX_n_NC
02-12-2003, 06:18 PM
hey luvs
im in jacksonville, nc. you? ever ride at croatan?

400exredrider
02-12-2003, 06:37 PM
hey DGR i wouldent say nothing about it yet ......That palce is an official Honda Factory.......:rolleyes: :devil

Glow Plug
02-12-2003, 06:45 PM
it could just be aus only model i don't see why though but just as an example the lt-50 was produced alot longer in erope than it was in the states

02-12-2003, 06:47 PM
i belive it.. i hope they make it to and rub it in honda's face for being stubborn and dumb

born-to-race
02-12-2003, 07:22 PM
In the October 2002 issue of dirtwheels in " Over The Bars " it says that at there 2004 fall dealer show they will announce a new high-performance quad.

If you don't believe me get the issue.

Nausty
02-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by born-to-race
In the October 2002 issue of dirtwheels in " Over The Bars " it says that at there 2004 fall dealer show they will announce a new high-performance quad.

If you don't believe me get the issue.

yah they said the same thing about the last dealer show.... Beleive me, dirt wheels and 4wheel atv action are full of it.

02-12-2003, 07:30 PM
why because there a bunch of old overweight trail riders that learned how to ride from the honda safety video? because they dont know a no footer from a superman? or because in a high performance shootout they pic the one thats easier to trail ride with?

lil400exman
02-12-2003, 07:36 PM
nausty they are full of it but they are always true they were right on with the 400ex........................so why wouldnt they be now also they were right on with the z-400 and its lookalies and the c-dale...................

muff
02-12-2003, 07:41 PM
i want more info :mad:

Nausty
02-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
nausty they are full of it but they are always true they were right on with the 400ex........................so why wouldnt they be now also they were right on with the z-400 and its lookalies and the c-dale...................

yah I have to agree they are right on some stuff but they won't admit when they wrong and keep saying they are gonna release a quad later and later and you know what sooner or later they finally will release it even if its a few years from now and they will say they were the first to report on it. They say the raptor is a better mx'er and the newest quad always wins and when they "test" machines they rate them differant all the time and its pretty much whoever has the most adds in the mag wins.

lil400exman
02-12-2003, 07:52 PM
youre right there test are no good but those guys have a ood bakdoor into the big 4 or 5 now and they get some rebliable stuff.................i think a new quad is going to come out this year..........................:devil

insane250Racer
02-12-2003, 07:53 PM
i kno this might sound kinda dumb but it said TRX450 ....would that possibly be a 2 stroke and why didnt they call it a 450ex?

bobcrotch
02-12-2003, 08:11 PM
lol a 450cc 2stroke MX bike hu? well it's not MX it's a "race bike" i meen i serriously doubt that. come on it's honda for 1 and they're going to be putting away with 2smokes in cali and in the whole US pretty soon. that would meen they couldn't sell new ones...as far as i understand the whole theroy of the ban deal. plus why would they when they could use one of their great 4stroke race engines like the 450 or an atv version.

plus there was another thread about how detuned the 450 will be..oh well that does suck. but think of it this way how can you detune a 4stroke? or how would they from the factory i guess. different cam for sure, probably lower compression, some porting and valves. i meen what else to it change?

that being said think of how easy and how not that exspensive it will be to make it like the DB model heh. no complaints with a detuned 450 motor here. power will be super easy to find in that motor hehe, the chevy 350 of quad motors! =)

Edit: btw this is EricB i can't post with my regular name atm..

Nausty
02-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by bobcrotch
lol a 450cc 2stroke MX bike hu? well it's not MX it's a "race bike" i meen i serriously doubt that. come on it's honda for 1 and they're going to be putting away with 2smokes in cali and in the whole US pretty soon. that would meen they couldn't sell new ones...as far as i understand the whole theroy of the ban deal. plus why would they when they could use one of their great 4stroke race engines like the 450 or an atv version.

plus there was another thread about how detuned the 450 will be..oh well that does suck. but think of it this way how can you detune a 4stroke? or how would they from the factory i guess. different cam for sure, probably lower compression, some porting and valves. i meen what else to it change?

that being said think of how easy and how not that exspensive it will be to make it like the DB model heh. no complaints with a detuned 450 motor here. power will be super easy to find in that motor hehe, the chevy 350 of quad motors! =)

Edit: btw this is EricB i can't post with my regular name atm..

Really I think its kinda good they detune the motors for reliability because on a quad chances are they are gonna see a lot more abuse because people will be towing things with it, its gonna be pulling a lot more weight and spinning tires with a lot more traction and not only that but its gonna see a lot more time and differant types of riding.

goochy
02-12-2003, 09:34 PM
I sent that dealer a e mail, he said it would be out later this year!!!!! no more info??????

beerock
02-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I said it before and ill say it again, honda is releasing the pwc line in spring of this year(my friend has the trx1200 r turbo jetski on order allready), once the pwc is released and off the drawing board hopefully they will concentrate on the quad.:cool:

Mitch400EX
02-12-2003, 10:42 PM
It also said in one of the recent dirtwheels that Tim Farr wasn't able to ride the Baja 1000 because "he was injured testing Honda's new sport quad". Don't know if this is true or not.

goochy
02-12-2003, 10:43 PM
?????? My local dealer has the PWC in stock now?????? He is one of the two Power house dealers in the US..... What is a Honda Power House dealer????????

Evan
02-13-2003, 01:46 AM
I am going to make a prediction. We will see how close it is.
The motor is going to be a 450 but very different from the bike motor and still have lots of torque and hp. The frame will be a cross between a 400 and a 250R. It will have some sort of longtravel suspension. It will be a 2004 model so it should be released sometime this year, most likely they will show it this spring and it be out by fall.

lil400exman
02-13-2003, 07:11 AM
do you think it will be better than a 250r? if it is i will sell it off...................

luvmyex
02-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by 400EX_n_NC
hey luvs
im in jacksonville, nc. you? ever ride at croatan?
Only once.and it was cut short due to a fried smacking a tree and bending his axle 90degrees.And that was a 300 4x4.Did you go on the ride last weekend down there with atvnc?Im exjunkie on that site.

QuadTrix6
02-13-2003, 02:22 PM
i wish honda would start worrying about sport quads instead of every other thing that they make :rolleyes: im keeping my fingers crossed

Evan
02-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
i wish honda would start worrying about sport quads instead of every other thing that they make :rolleyes: im keeping my fingers crossed

Dont worry honda wont let you down, Honda will be back on top, they always do.

Evan
02-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
do you think it will be better than a 250r? if it is i will sell it off...................

Put it this way,, is a crf450 powered quad better than a 250R? Stock vs. stock, it will be better hands down.

EvilJester400EX
02-13-2003, 02:32 PM
yeah lil400exman.. listen to x-rider.. (taken from his profile) Got A Question? More Than Likely I Know The Answer, Ask Me.
:rolleyes: :blah
lol, just messin with you evan

Evan
02-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
yah they said the same thing about the last dealer show.... Beleive me, dirt wheels and 4wheel atv action are full of it.

OOOhh you are so wrong. Go back and read all your dirtwheels, atv sports, 4wheel atv actions. Yes their tests leave much to be desired but if you read what they said about new models, they have a 99% acuracy rate. I just went and reread most of my mags and they predicted almost every hi performance quad out there. I could give u examples but its a waste of time.

Glow Plug
02-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
Really I think its kinda good they detune the motors for reliability because on a quad chances are they are gonna see a lot more abuse because people will be towing things with it, its gonna be pulling a lot more weight and spinning tires with a lot more traction and not only that but its gonna see a lot more time and differant types of riding.

yeah i with you nauty like what can you tow with a dirt bike and with a dirtbike they are so well big (height wise) that when you can fit on one you have the abblity to handle the horse power it is putting out but with a quad you just have to be able to touch the pegs and your set there is no balence involed like a could touch the pegs on a grizzly 600 when i was like in grade 3 so.

another example would be the 400ex or the new z with the 400ex with a few mod such as porting and cam etc etc you can easly hit the upper 30 horse power range (dosen't the 400ex put out like 24 hp or something) and then the z it very easy to hit the 40 plus range with a cam and porting and not even a big bore kit so when and if the new honda comes out it will easly hit the mid fortys or even the low 50's with out any major motor mod's and it will still retain much of it's relabily (sp?)

Evan
02-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
yeah lil400exman.. listen to x-rider.. (taken from his profile) Got A Question? More Than Likely I Know The Answer, Ask Me.
:rolleyes: :blah
lol, just messin with you evan

Exactly, dont listen to Brett, he tends to think hes faster than a 250R lol j/k brett

EvilJester400EX
02-13-2003, 02:43 PM
hey man... :rolleyes: :huh :blah

400exredrider
02-14-2003, 11:36 PM
has anyone heard anything new.....all i have heard is it should come out mid to late this year......It would be nice to beable to see a picture of it now so we could see if we even wanted one cause honda has been comin out with some pretty ugly stuff lately:o :devil

JTRtrx250r
02-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
has anyone heard anything new.....all i have heard is it should come out mid to late this year......It would be nice to beable to see a picture of it now so we could see if we even wanted one cause honda has been comin out with some pretty ugly stuff lately:o :devil that what I was thinking,funny hows theres no pic but pics of others:confused:

If its legit,Im sellin everything in my sig and gettin' one!!:blah

2fastandfurious
02-15-2003, 08:11 AM
The honda dealer by me takes in all kinds of different hondas and has um re-ferbed and then sells them. I went in looking for a 250r once and asked him about the whole 2 -stroke delemia. Some engineers have almost made 2 strokes BETTER and MORE efficent than 4 strokes. Do a google search on the engines and I think you will be suprised!

02-15-2003, 10:33 AM
this is all i got to say If there Freakin quad isn't out by Fall im switching to snother dealer im sick of waiting especially when there is lil to prove that there are in fact going to bring it out before the next decade:grr