PDA

View Full Version : MX Tire Talk

Burns310r
01-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I have run Holeshot MX's for ever and have loved them. I tried some grooved Razr tires and didnt like them at all.

What size of front tire is ideal for MX? I have ran 20x6x10 only i think. Is there any advantage in mx to going with a 19x6x10?

Also what direction do you run your front tires? Most people run the with the V going forward. Its astetically pleasing, because thats how it looks like it should go. But i think they are supposed to go the other way like the radial tires do.

The friction force is in the opposite dirction on the front tires since they are not powerd. There for, they have to be turning the other way to properly clean out.

What do you guys think?

DnB_racing
01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I would think the V facing forward would give a little better traction for turning?? but thats how i have allways put mine. so I dont really no how much difference it would make!
as far as 19's I only run them when Im trying to help keep my front end down for starts!(drags)
as far as MX the 20s would give better ground clearance, and better balance in the air

C41Xracer
01-12-2011, 10:12 AM
i dont like 19's for mx, not enough side wall to take the abuse of landing. Ive trashed a few rims with a 19'' front