PDA

View Full Version : Skidplates......?

bigblue02hd
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Goofy question... I know! But, what types/brands of aftermarket swingarm skidplates are you guys running on 250Xs/300EXs??

I ran a DG Baja Series on my old 06' KFX... it was pretty decent and held up good IMO. But, it seemed to lack ground clearance pretty bad though. Wasn't so much the skid though, it fit tight to the rotor/sprocket. The KFX just seemed low I guess.

Just trying to figure out what brand to run on my 92' X....

What brands do you guys recommend? Or stay away from?

250rsforlife
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM
try moose or motorsports products if you want to look at em go to dennis kirk thats were i get most of my parts

838xcracer
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
PRM skids here full front with their rear. They have held up GREAT with 2 full season's of very hard XC racing.Wouldn't buy anything else.

bigblue02hd
01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the info guys!

I'll look into it.... I've seen a bunch on ebay for somewhat close to the same price.

Tyler01
01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I believe i have "PRM" on mine i think,,,,,I know i hit a few rocks that woulda done some damage but it was all good..... Occasionally i gotta beat the my swing arm guard down cuz it will start rubbing on my brake rotor but its worth it though.

bigblue02hd
01-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks...

Yeah for the amount of digs/scratches/gouges my old DG one had on the KFX, I'll definitely put one on the "X".

I can't see banging my chain/sprockets and rotor into all the rocks that litter our riding spots in the mountains.

I just want to get something that will maintain good ground clearance too!