PDA

View Full Version : RIP Major Winters.

ZeroLogic
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Rest in peace one of the greatest and most respectable person to ever walk to earth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/10/AR2011011006268.html
The movie does not justify him.
Truely a hero.

CJM
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe hes a hero, but what he said during the interview portion in band of brothers really took me back-the man is that humble...

Despite the many accolades he had received, Winters remained humble about his service. During the interview segment of the miniseries Band of Brothers, Winters quoted a passage from a letter he received from Sergeant Mike Ranney, "I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said 'No… but I served in a company of heroes…'"

The man was a true American and one of the most brave and proud soldiers who served with distinction during World War II.

I loved the band of brother mini series and Im a huge WWII buff. I had the distinction of meeting Major Winters a few years ago, he was an incredibly humble and kind man.

I like to remember this quote as used in band of brothers..

From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remembered-We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother

Major Winters shall be sorely missed, may he rest in peace.

johnnyquad17
01-12-2011, 11:00 AM
May he rest in peace!

bbender85
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
judging by the title i thought this was going to be a global warming thread.

jzexrider
01-12-2011, 07:31 PM
^^^ Same here.

liex21
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
after watching band of brothers(which by the way if you haven't seen it is a must see) I was astonished by his character and really researched him. Throughout my research he really became the image of a hero to me. During interviews with his fellow soldiers it was amazing the amount of respect and trust they had for him. Also his commitment to his men was what caught me the most, in the interviews after the series they said how he lead his men from the front which is to me the true definition of a leader. May he rest in peace.