Pro Armor Dominator Front Bumper
04-05 450r dynojet kit stg 1&2
Mud Machine AT tires rear
ITP ss112 rims rear
GBC X-Rex tires front
ITP ss112 rims front
ITP ss112 rims rear
Maxxis razor tires rear

The sprockets and wheels are just because i like flat track and basic woods and mud riding

99400esex
01-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Might as well just go with a stage 2 hotcams too

CJM
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Please dont use the DJ kit, I have one and despite alot of tuning cant get it to run right alot of the time. go to jets r us and order the proper jets.

Also unless you just want to be different the looney tuned exhaust just looks cool. A sparks full exhaust is much better for the money.

Your also gonna need skids for the swinger and engine area if your gonna do anything its important to protect that area well.

x2 on the hotcam, stage II would be best.

Also dont spend your cash on renthal sprockets, it just a name. I would buy some JT or pro design steel sprockets. Not only do they last way longer than aluminum (its negligible that the AL ones work better, they wear like crazy!) But they are much cheaper!

trailrider894
01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by xX-Clutch-Xx
I made a list of the mods i plan on getting for my ex
Wiseco 426 Kit 11:1 comp
Gt Thunder Heavy Duty Head Studs
2004 450r carb
Looney Tuned dual exhaust w quiet core
Renthal Sprockets 14&16t front
Renthal Sprockets 36&39t rear
Pro Armor Dominator Front Bumper
04-05 450r dynojet kit stg 1&2
Mud Machine AT tires rear
ITP ss112 rims rear
GBC X-Rex tires front
ITP ss112 rims front
ITP ss112 rims rear
Maxxis razor tires rear

The sprockets and wheels are just because i like flat track and basic woods and mud riding

You are missing a Port and Polish in here... That will add a ton of HP for your money.

2001400exrida
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
renthal is not just a name, they make damm good sprockets! yes aluminum won't last as long as steel, but that's not the point when you switch to an aluminum sprocket.
Aluminum sprockets are used for performance, they are lighter and less turning mass means faster quad!

also, i have a dynojet kit and i was able to tune both of my carbs with it and there are no ill effects. I keep reading and hearing on this forum about the DJ kit not running right but i have yet to see it in person.

Nobody that i ride with in real life has a Jets r Us kit, they all have the DJ kit, it's by far the most popular and it tunes just fine in my opinion and experience.

It's unfortunate that CJM can't get his to run right with the DJ kit, but don't mistake his comment to mean that the kit isn't quality. I have had great luck as have about 10 of my friends using DJ jets.

I've also heard somebody make a claim that the DJ needle wont' work with the stock pilot and main jets, i have a DJ needle in my 07 and it uses a 152 stock main jet and i have absolutely no problems, so again be careful what you might read about dynojet, they are a good company with good jets.

CJM
01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Ive used renthal, JT, primary drive sprockets-its all the same. None ever failed, none ever had issues-all were steel. Your just paying for the name with a renthal or other top sprockets. All of the ones I used wore the same

Really you dont gain anything using AL, yes they are lighter but its so negligible you wont notice it. Now shave the flywheel-that you will notice. They also wear alot faster.

As for DJ, dont get me wrong they are ok but sometimes no matter what you do the stock stuff works better.

2001400exrida
01-11-2011, 04:54 PM
the gain from AL is arguable, i've seen it debated for pages and pages on the sportbike forums.

Im not sure how the quads go, but i will say that it makes a difference in sportbike performance. i wouldn't call it negligible especially if you're going for every little bit more that you can.

and yes aluminum wears faster, they will still last though.

I don't buy cheap sprockets or chain and sprocket kits. Renthal is a good name and they have quality stuff.

The D.I.D. chain with Renthal sprockets is the way to go!

CJM
01-11-2011, 05:33 PM
It probably is one of those things that can be debated for eons. It comes down to personal preference and cost imho. I run steel cause I want them to last a LONG time.

However your right on chains, I will only buy DID x rings, the stocker lasted a LONG arse time and I never bothered replacing it cause I didnt ride as much up until recently cause I have more time-but the DID is just that much better than anything else Ive seen.

xX-Clutch-Xx
01-11-2011, 06:43 PM
So por and polish and a stage 2 cam. I hope this thing is gonna be a beast

trailrider894
01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by xX-Clutch-Xx
So por and polish and a stage 2 cam. I hope this thing is gonna be a beast

Yes it will move!!! Just make sure you gear and jet it right.

xX-Clutch-Xx
01-14-2011, 07:35 PM
I will. the only reason i wanna do this is because my dad rides a Banshee and i canr keep up lol

CJM
01-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Gonna be quite hard to keep up with even a stock banshee if the riders any good.

99400esex
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah its gonna take a little somethin to keep up with a banshee, those things are no joke. In the woods though you could probably beat him.

honda400ex2003
01-14-2011, 08:18 PM
if its a stock shee you wouldnt have much issue you will at least keep up, esp in the woods where you will be able to pull away quickly.

that looks like a great setup.

agreed on all also

no DJ jets
stage 2 w/ p&p
and you should be ripping quite nicely

steve