PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Desert Race/Oreana 100

seven
02-12-2003, 04:13 PM
The Oreana 100 is almost here again. The date is Febuary 23 Last year they had 30+ show up from beginer to X pert. Entry fee is 30$. It is a 35 mile loop x2. Sighn up is at 7:30-10:00.

Natertot426ex
02-13-2003, 11:54 AM
So are you racing in it? I will be there with about 7 more of my buddies. We are all going going to run The expert class.

AndreS
02-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I wish i could make it out to this race but i've got my quad torn apart and i'm putting a clutch in my truck... if i'm still in the NW next year i'm definitely interested. i will have my new quad by then for sure.

seven
02-13-2003, 05:40 PM
I Am not going to race due to a knee injury. I am going to head out there to watch the start.

Woodsrider
02-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Is math different in Idaho? In Washington 35+35=70. Why do they call it the Oreana 100? J/P

At least your still havin a desert race. Looks like the greenies got ours shut down this year:rolleyes: The event schedule is about half what it was last year. and of that quads aren't allowed in about a third of the poker runs this year.:grr

Natertot426ex
02-14-2003, 07:00 AM
This is the only desert race that they allow quads to run in. I asked a guy about some other ones that the bikes do and he said it is a safetly hazard running the bikes and quads on the same track.

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 11:33 AM
I would have loved to come to this race..:( I was thinkin it was in MArch so I did take the day off work, SEven if you get any pics could you email them or post? thanks and have fun...:)

seven
02-16-2003, 12:02 PM
I am going to take the digital camera and camcorder out to the race so i will post some pics of the start.

QuadJunkies
02-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by seven
I am going to take the digital camera and camcorder out to the race so i will post some pics of the start. Seven, how was the race??? Did you get any pics?? Any of Natertot426ex? Nate, Im glad your ok...;) How many quads ended up racing?We havent heard back from one guy we know that raced to see how it was...

Natertot426ex
02-26-2003, 11:50 AM
I think there were about 20 quads out there. 6 in the Expert and about 12 in the amateur. I am doing better now. The swelling in my hand are doing better. It is all bruised and skinned up but it should be gone soon. It is a good thing I wrecked where I did. It was about 300 yards from the start in the gully, that way the girlfriend didn't see me endo. Seven if you got pics you should post them. That would be great!! My opinion on the setup and stuff is that it sucked. I liked how they ran it the last few years. It was a lot more enjoyable.

seven
02-26-2003, 04:37 PM
I got there to late, I thought they started at 10:30 so i got there and the amature classs was just coming in. My friend won the Pro Class (Daryl Shutte) He runs pro quad with us at the mx track. He was on a stock 400ex with a slip on and 16 tooth front sprocket. Oh, ANd ohlins front shocks. I was buzzing around the pits on my R for a while but it got to cold to hang out. I am still planning on weiser this weekend also. I talked to Dennis and he said he had a few people also going.

QuadJunkies
02-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by seven
I got there to late, I thought they started at 10:30 so i got there and the amature classs was just coming in. My friend won the Pro Class (Daryl Shutte) He runs pro quad with us at the mx track. He was on a stock 400ex with a slip on and 16 tooth front sprocket. Oh, ANd ohlins front shocks. I was buzzing around the pits on my R for a while but it got to cold to hang out. I am still planning on weiser this weekend also. I talked to Dennis and he said he had a few people also going. Sounds like a plan..Hopefully I will have mine running good. I got my yoshi headpipe on today, but having a bit of trouble dialing it in...:( I guess I need a dif. needle,so that im running good, I think Ill pay and have this jetting done this time...See you on Sat.:) Tina

AndreS
01-17-2004, 12:57 PM
any info on this year's race?