PDA

View Full Version : it boggs, need some help

ltrnutz43
01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok here si the deal, Was riding, playing around in the snow, it was running fine for 30 plus minutes, then started to bogg bad when you gased on it, it idles fine, and starts fine, but when you gas on it, it boggs bad, and popps.
Any help fellas?

panici33
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Start small and check to see if it's out of gas...

ltrnutz43
01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
its got gas, air filter is good, no oil in air box, thinking maybe fuel filter

turdboy
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Fuel Pressure Regulator-Exactly what mine was doing two summers ago. I wouldn't run it any longer because you are running it very lean. It's not getting any gas at higher RPM's. This is fairly common in LTR's. Take your tank off and get yourself a new regulator. Mine was idling fine, low RPM's was ok and then when you gave it gas it had zero power, and it popped like crazy. While you have the tank off you should replace the swirl filter as well.

Limited Z_400
01-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Does it have a fuel controller?Before you go buy a fuel regulator, have the fuel pressure checked.It should be @ 43psi.Check it between the regulator and injector.

mamafite
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
probably swirl filter or clogged injector both are easy fixes

kbrown
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Guarantee it started with a bad fuel filter and then plugged ur injector.. if ur good at working on things pull the injector apart and clean the little screen in there. It slides drown inside the injector just be really careful it takes some finder. Only bad part is the injector is like 40$ and it needs to be a swirl filter online wont work. Clean filter good and injector and it'll be good till you can get a new filter. Careful with the cleaner tho around ur throttle body it will make all the seals swell resulting in a stiff anmaybe hung throttle. There is also a little filter in the fuel pump that u can clean by takin the 4 screws apart. Makes it nice to replace them with stainless allen heads. Every ltd owner needs to learn how to clean these and if you race it should be performed often so get familiar. Just don't ever spray ur throttle body with cleaner where you hook the cable to it use a rag and put cleaner on it to wipe out the body. Do this and you'll be riding tom. The screen in the injector is in there just be careful because a new injector is almost 200$. Hope this help ya wish I didn't have to learn the hard way lol

Limited Z_400
01-11-2011, 09:59 PM
A clogged fuel filter is very common problem with the LTR.In our maintenance program we replace the fuel filter at least once a year.So if there is a problem down the road we check the fuel pressure as our first check.If the pressure is within spec.your fuel system is ok . It takes the GUESSING out of it.So if you have not replaced the filter recently change it . If you dont have a pressure gauge take it to you local suzuki dealer it only takes 1-2 mins to check it.good luck