PDA

View Full Version : Issue with PWK 21mm Carb

JustinBoots
01-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Okay maybe I've got something setup incorrectly, but then again maybe not. I've got a brand-new PWK 21mm Carb w/oval slide for the DRR 50cc quad. I've hooked up the throttle cable into the plastic cup that drop inside the slide. When I run the quad and give it 1/2 -> 3/4 to wide open, the slide just isn't responding leading to the bog. I don't see how this design keeps the slide tied to the throttle in a 1:1 ratio. Is there something I'm missing? Should that white plastic semi oval piece of plastic in the slide be moving independent of the slide? Help is appreciated!

EthansDad
01-10-2011, 08:24 AM
You might have two different issues going on here. We ran that carb on our 2010 DRR 50 that we took to the title last year, and I can tell you having a bog down low is the biggest battle you will fight.

First though, yes, the slide (metal slide w/needle in it) should be going up/down 1:1 with throttle push. if its not, you don't have the clip/cable installed incorrectly or too much cable slack/wrong cable. something is off there. and no, the plastic thing should not move independent of the slide itself -the spring should be on top of the plastic piece forcing it to the bottom of the slide. are you using the OEM cable that has the splitter in it for going to the carb and oil injector? that works just fine.

Get that working and come back for round 2. my guess is it is still bogging :)

-EA

kfx450
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
sounds like you didn't get the cable into the side of the slide.

JustinBoots
01-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Doh! not sure why I didn't remember to do that or think of it! just hand me a "Here's your sign" award! Will check that tonight. Thanks

rmuscle
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
friend of mine had similar prob , he had plastic piece upside down

JustinBoots
01-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Yeah looks like I had missed being able to slide the cable into the slide and back out into the base. Doing a top-end swap now and then will work on the bog if its still there. Thanks