PDA

View Full Version : rear shock rebound

manuzl_
01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
i have a ds 450mx. the suspension is excellent and i can set up it to my style riding, but in the rear shock, i close all the clics on the rebound and it still pushing me to the front on some whoops. what can i do to reduce the rebound of the shock?

fearlessfred
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
what direction are u turning the clicker

manuzl_
01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
to the righttttttt slower

fearlessfred
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
counterclockwise should be softer. look at the arrow direction. h is on the rightside with the arrow pointing clockwise and s is on the right with the arrow pointing counter clockwise if you are all the way the wrong direction,then when you go all the way back to soft you might notice the compression dampaning being softer also let me know how it goes

manuzl_
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
counterclockwise is fasterrr

fearlessfred
01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by manuzl_
counterclockwise is fasterrr yep far as i know

dustin_j
01-10-2011, 06:04 AM
If you have the rebound adjust too tight, you might not be able to use much rear travel in the whoops. Then your front shocks compress and you feel like you're getting bucked forward, when it's actually your rear shock not compressing. I saw this on a KTM last summer. How much race sag do you have and how much spring preload? This could have a greater effect than your "rebound" adjuster. I think this is what Fred was talking about also.

fearlessfred
01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
If you have the rebound adjust too tight, you might not be able to use much rear travel in the whoops. Then your front shocks compress and you feel like you're getting bucked forward, when it's actually your rear shock not compressing. I saw this on a KTM last summer. How much race sag do you have and how much spring preload? This could have a greater effect than your "rebound" adjuster. I think this is what Fred was talking about also. Im not 100 percent sure what the question is. i thought he was asking how to speed up rebound. most people tend to dial in to much rebound dampening. in my case i always ran very little rebound and because im a big guy i always had to go with the heavyest spring i could buy and even with a heaver spring i did not have to add rebound into the valveing .the fact that you brought up in a prevous post about rebound having an effect on compression dampening was something i thought people should no. i am suprized that we never have discussion on valving and how to set up and really what a person is trying to accomplish

dustin_j
01-11-2011, 06:13 AM
I agree, more in depth discussions on valving and set up would be great. Are you working on any projects? :D