PDA

View Full Version : chain adjuster

dvx304racer
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
i have an 07 dvx 400 nd need to replace the chain adjuster bolt its the single i does any1 know if its reverse threads nd if they actually come out thanks for any help

PGH_STEEL
01-09-2011, 04:50 AM
I cant remember if the threads are reversed, But yes they do come out. I snapped two of them over the past five years. The first time was easy to change due to the bolt breaking far enough to get some vise grips around it. The second time around was an internal break which I had to buy easy outs to get the bolt out. That my friend was a pain in the butt.

dvx304racer
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
thanks for your help nd ya that does suck

T-M0N3Y$
02-06-2011, 07:53 PM
hate to jump in your thread but how do you do the adjustment correctly i did it today and the axle slid right back after riding for 2 min.?

RATPACK Z400
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Best thing to do if chain keeps coming loose Ive found out is take bolts out slide block (axle carrier) up and down spraying grease cleaner in between swingarm and block to get chain grease out between them let dry, then put bolts in and tighten will not loosen up so fast ! on big bolts tighten as hard as you can without breaking using two wrenchs together for more leverage .I think its the grease in between swingarm and block(thing that holds bearing carrier) that slides easy when chain grease gets in between them.