PDA

View Full Version : Car Help

Honda4LifeWes36
01-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a 2010 Ford Fusion and yesterday I went to a shop and got a remote start on it which is called Cool Start Remote Starters. Worked fine in his shop and once at my house and now this morning it didn't do anything.

So I went outside and it wont start with the remote start or the KEY!

Does anybody know what I should do or try? I mean its brand new remote start!! The key wont even start the car?!

Canadian144
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Call the shop, see if they will come to you. If not, go down and raise hell haha.

Pipeless416
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
does the car do anything? does keyless entry work? are you getting power to everything besides the starter?

CJM
01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
10 bucks says that the shop screwed something up. I ABSOLUTELY HATE those remote starts cause of the exact issue (one of many acutally) that you have.

First make sure your getting power, does the keyless entry work, does the light come on when you open the door? If not go and check the connections at the battery first, they might have not secured them right.

Try taking your key and try locking and unlocking the door several times. That doesnt work, go look under the dash and see if you can find a switch of a button, this often is a cutoff switch for the alarm/remote start. Put the key in to the "on" position and push or move the switch. See if it cranks over. If not, find its brain box and unplug it, that may work. Another idea is to disconnect the battery for a minute and put it back on, might reset it.

Otherwise you gotta bring it back.

Reason I dont like them is they arent standalone units-you must often splice into the wiring of the vehicle-which is never a good thing since the typical guy who installs one of these is usually an idiot.

Good Luck!

Honda4LifeWes36
01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Inside lights and everything turn on. The doors will lock and unlock from outside. When I put the key in and turn it, there is nothing. No spitting, etc. The battery isnt dead because all the lights turn on and the headlights.

I have no idea, but yes I'm about to raise some hell!!

973trx250r87
01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
when you try to start it with the key do you get a clicking sound if so its causing a draw and killing your batt just cause your lights come on it doesnt mean you have the cca to crank over

CJM
01-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Many clicks=battery drained and needs jump, 1 click means something is wrong with starter.

wykyd450R
01-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Auto or manual tranny? I'm assuming an auto. Make sure it is all the way in "park". Might not be your issue, but I have seen it happen to a few people in the past.

Honda4LifeWes36
01-09-2011, 10:01 AM
No clicks at all. There is no sound at all when I turn it over.

CJM
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Then they screwed something up and the starter isnt working.

Take it back.

Honda4LifeWes36
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Stupid people LOL. And I have to wait till tomorrow because offices are closed on the weekends of course.

How do you think they will do it? Come here and work on it or tow it??

CJM
01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Tow it probably.

Let this be a lesson to you to NEVER EVER install one of those pos things again.