PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Question

nwi45
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Someone at work asked me how racing was going and someone chimed in with info that I'd never heard of. He told me there is a certain insurance policy you can get that would cover your bills/loss of pay at work if you ever to get hurt. He said one of his friends has it that lives out west that snowboards alot and has been injured. Anyone ever heard of this?

rubbersdown
01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by nwi45
Someone at work asked me how racing was going and someone chimed in with info that I'd never heard of. He told me there is a certain insurance policy you can get that would cover your bills/loss of pay at work if you ever to get hurt. He said one of his friends has it that lives out west that snowboards alot and has been injured. Anyone ever heard of this?

alot of health insurance companies have policies like this that you can buy. I had a policy like this threw bc/bs. Aint cheap though.

nwi45
01-08-2011, 09:40 PM
If its not outrageous, I think I'd definitly be into it. Say I break my leg and miss 8 weeks of work and miss out on 10 grand, I'd say its worth it. I'm gonna look into it

rubbersdown
01-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by nwi45
If its not outrageous, I think I'd definitly be into it. Say I break my leg and miss 8 weeks of work and miss out on 10 grand, I'd say its worth it. I'm gonna look into it
Yah check it out. Me and my wife and my father had it back in the day when we had a company together and for the 3 of us I believe it was around $1100 a month.

chucked
01-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I think its called disability insurance. My work offers it for like $40 a month I think. They give you a percentage of what you earn, after 2 weeks of being injured, up to 2 years. I'm signing up for it now, going for 80% probably. So I will get 80% of my pay before taxes, and its untaxed.

Stiles86
01-09-2011, 04:42 PM
i have aflac for 34 bucks a month..... they also pick up co pays and alot of other things my reg. insurence wont cover