PDA

View Full Version : revalves GT thunder or hygear? MX LTR

hawaiianbasshed
01-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm considering getting a used set of revalves.

GT thunder dual rate set revalved for 175# rider

Hygear set is triple rate, dual speed adjust, 1" longer travel modded, hard anodized bodies, revalved for 185# rider

the GT thunders the seller is asking $250 pretty firm, the Hygear seller wants $350. as with all the extra's it IS worth more than the GT thunders.

my question I suppose will be is anyone even remotely familiar with hygear? I haven't really heard anything about them but from the looks of it they are pretty well thought out. ????

so just overall looking for what everyone thinks?

Scro
01-07-2011, 09:21 PM
You should also ask the seller what skill they were setup for. "A" class valving is very different than "C" class. Regardless, in order to get the full potential out of either of them, you will probably need to get them reworked for your skill and weight.

Hasteloy-X
01-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Hygear is really popular with the snowmobile crowd at dootalk and hardcoresledder. They offer custom shock mods similar to GT thunder.

Originally posted by hawaiianbasshed
I'm considering getting a used set of revalves.

GT thunder dual rate set revalved for 175# rider

Hygear set is triple rate, dual speed adjust, 1" longer travel modded, hard anodized bodies, revalved for 185# rider

the GT thunders the seller is asking $250 pretty firm, the Hygear seller wants $350. as with all the extra's it IS worth more than the GT thunders.

my question I suppose will be is anyone even remotely familiar with hygear? I haven't really heard anything about them but from the looks of it they are pretty well thought out. ????

so just overall looking for what everyone thinks?

hawaiianbasshed
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I personally think they have better options than gtt hylo valves, hard anodizing, triple rate sprung.

Yeah, I was told on other sites their big with the snowmobile crowd.

Not sure what class but we dont have supercross tracks here so not sure what class I would be. I jump everything so far but the 60'+ tables an thats all our track has is one 60 or 80' table. Which I hope to be clearing this year I think the hygears are setup for a pretty high rider level tho

Hasteloy-X
01-08-2011, 12:27 PM
If you are that serious on the track, it would pay to have shocks that were custom setup for you. I have priced out used shocks on ebay and what not. I've found that if you need to send them in for new springs, revalve, seals plus the hassle of shipping them back if they are not right and costs for shipping you are better off buying new.

Originally posted by hawaiianbasshed
I jump everything so far but the 60'+ tables an thats all our track has is one 60 or 80' table. Which I hope to be clearing this year I think the hygears are setup for a pretty high rider level tho our track has is one 60 or 80' table. Which I hope to be clearing this year